Lost Humanity

Alec lead us up the stairs and stopped at the first door we came to.

"He may be a little... angsty," he warned "The pain isn't helping."

No shit... also the fact that you shot him and tried to end the world probably didn't do much to help.

Alec pushed the door open and immediately I ducked as an object flew towards us from inside and smashed against the wall. Whatever it was had been glass by the look of it.

"What the hell is going on?" Victoria asked, looking at Alec with wide eyes.

"He hasn't exactly forgiven me for shooting him," Alec replied "That was his water glass. It's a good thing he hasn't had dinner yet, or it would be a knife stuck in the wall."

Yeah, because that makes me feel so much better...

Alec then led the way inside the room where I saw Will Jackson laying on a bed that was facing the door. I noticed two things then, the bed was the only furniture in the room, and Will was shirtless. A large bandage covered his abdomen, and I could see the blood that had seeped through. He looked paler than usual, the smell of decay told me that the wound was most likely infected.

Shit, he was not looking too good...

Alec gently closed the door behind us when we entered, and turned around to face Will.

"We need to talk," he said.

Will sat up in the bed and sighed heavily "This better be important..." he muttered, sounding more annoyed then anything "What's the bloody audience for?"

"They say that they can help with..."

"With this?"

I watched as Will slowly pulled off the bandages and revealed his wound, a bullet hole about two inches across, the blood had pooled below it and spread around the wound covering it dark red liquid. I felt my fangs itch as I smelt the blood. This version of Will was human.

Fuck. I took a deep breath and tried to ignore the pain in my gums.

"Definitely infected," Victoria said as she made her way over to Will "We need to get that fixed now."

"No! No! I'm fine!" Will snapped, pushing himself back into the pillows "It's just a bullet wound. It'll heal soon enough..."

"Bullshit!" Alec said angrily "You got shot in the stomach! You're definitely infected, Will... we need to remove the bullet."

"Fine," Will growled as he realised that arguing wouldn't make any difference "Let's get this over with."

Victoria grabbed the edge of the covers and tugged them off him, Will winced at the movement.

"Easy there," Michael said as he joined her "Can you get the bullet out?"

"This isn't my first rodeo Michael," Victoria replied "I've patched up worse."

Like when Jekyll shot Alec...

She then held her hand just over the wound and closed her eyes, her brow furrowed in concentration. Her hands glowed blue as she worked, and a moment later there was a sickening gurgle coming from inside the hole, then a pop as the bullet flew out into her hand.

She opened her eyes and tossed it to Alec, who caught it and held it in between his fingers.

"Now what?" he asked "There are some medical supplies here..."

"We won't be needing that," Michael said holding his hand out over the wound. A bright white light shone through his fingers, illuminating the whole area. I had a sudden urge to cover my eyes, but I watched as Will's flesh meshed back together until the wound was no longer visible, apart from the small pool of blood that was left. Sweet sticky blood.