Dream A Little Dream

The five of us made our way into the empty gym. Jasper and Callum led the way, Victoria reached into her pocket and pulled out her spell book which floated in the air in front of her as she walked, the pages tuning themselves.

"We've got the place to ourselves for the rest of the day," Jasper said, moving a crash mat out of the way.

"Well, let's hope that we can figure this all out in time," Victoria said "We need to try and alert the other universes, as many as possible, and we need to figure out what starts the apocalypse and how we can stop it and send Lucifer packing."

"Huh, you make it sound easy," Michael said "Lucifer isn't going to go down easily. I know him, he's my brother. If we're going to send him back to hell, it's not going to be an easy ride."

Honestly, my first thought was of dealing with Will Jackson, M and Dorian Grey. I had a feeling that the start of the apocalypse had something to do with them, tgat, and Alec's death. Lilith had turned up during our meeting with The Coven, and that had definitely been for a reason. She took us to the already destroyed Moonstone, knowing full well that the 'spell' that David had given Victoria required a sacrifice. It's almost like she was making sure that Alec sacrificed himself. I wondered what would have happened if he hadn't...

What if Alec's death really was the reason that we end up stopping the destruction of the multiverse? Did I have the right to change it? One life for millions. It wasn't really a choice, was it? Was it fair for one person to give up their life, for the greater good? Would Alec forgive me if I decided to choose him over untold numbers of people who might die if he lived past the opening of the portal? Who am I kidding? I already knew the answer.

But my mind kept bringing up the multitude of times Alec had saved my ass, and I knew that if there was even a slight chance of saving him, then I was damn well going to take it.

"None of us are here for an easy ride," I said "We all know what's at stake here. We've lost too much, too many people, and there is no other way but to fight. And we aren't losing anyone else."

Jasper and Callum nodded in agreement, Victoria looked resolute and Michael smiled sadly at my words.

I sighed, not wanting to get emotional, but feeling my eyes sting as I once more pictured Alec's death "Alright, lets do this thing."

Sitting down in a circle with Victoria having her spell book floating in front of her, Callum and Jasper stood to the side watching intrigued as the pages finally stopped flicking by themselves.

"Got it," Victoria said "The Traum Charm, it should allow the three of us to have a connected dream."

"Should?" Jasper asked frowning.

"I've never actually used it before," Victoria replied "Anything could happen. That's why we have you two here in case anything goes wrong on this end."

"Well, I'm flattered that you have that much trust in us," Jasper smirked "I'm usually seen as the liability."

"Essentially you all are the same person, every variation is a fragment of who you are. Callum is as much Alec as you are Kian, Jasper," Michael said placing a hand on Jasper's shoulder "And knowing that, I can say that you are more than you ever give yourself credit for."

A blush started to grow on Jasper's cheeks "Thanks, Michael." He replied softly. He glanced across the circle at me, the corners of his lips turning upwards in a grin. I could see what Michael meant. He was me, and he had the same self doubt as I did, no matter how hard we tried to not let it show.

And in Callum... all I could see was Alec.

A big loveable ball of energy and determination who always put others first. Someone whose heart was bigger than the universe itself, willing to give everything up just to save people he didn't even know. Alec had changed me for the better, made me feel more human than I had since I was first turned.

And Callum, he had the same heart.

Wherever Alec was now, I just hoped that he knew I was going to try everything in my power to bring him back.

"All this bromance crap is giving me heartburn!" Victoria grumbled "Just get your kumbayaya's out so we can focus on getting this spell right."

I smirked and saw that Jasper had done the same, while Callum hit Jasper lightly to try and shut him up. Turning away from them, Victoria cleared her throat, sat on the floor and closed her eyes. She held her hands out, palm up, in front of her as me and Michael took our positions sitting down to form a circle. A deep blue light began to shine through Victoria's fingers as she began the spell.

"Raya Haan, Ryin Loc..." she chanted "Sala Kilo, Yaya Hoh..."

As the words echoed around the empty gym I could feel myself falling asleep, my eyes getting heavier and heavier as Victoria's words washed over us.

"Raya Haan, Ryin Loc... Sala Kilo, Yaya Hoh..." Victoria continued "Now hold hands."

Michael gently grabbed my left hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. In response, I grabbed Victoria's hand in my right.  As soon as our hands were linked, I felt the world begin to disappear as my eyes fought to close.

"Raya Haan, Ryin Loc... Sala Kilo, Yaya Hoh..."

This was it... I knew that I wouldn't be able to fight it anymore. I closed my eyes and let sleep wash over me.

I opened my eyes and a bright white light shone into my eyes. Glancing around I could see that we weren't in the gym anymore... It must have worked. I could smell burnt flesh and dust. I looked around and saw Victoria and Michael both getting up as well.

We were in the middle of a street that seemed to have been destroyed recently. Buildings lay in piles of rubble, cars sat smashed against each other, small fires raged around everywhere. My heart sank as I recognized the familiar sight of the Moonstone. Whatever world we had landed in... the apocalypse had still happened.

Then a familiar voice spoke and my heart melted...

"Who the fuck are you?"

I turned and saw the barrel of a gun pointed at me, and Alec holding it, a look of annoyance on his face.