Sandalphon

"The music?" Victoria asked.

Alec nodded "Yeah, we have no idea what's causing it, but it started as soon as Lucifer was defeated."

So whatever it was, it had waited for Lucifer to be defeated before showing it's hand and causing people to start singing... scared of Lucifer maybe? Or just taking advantage?

"How did it start?" I asked.

"We had just sent Lucifer down to hell," Alec replied "Then music started playing out of nowhere and the three of us started singing."

Well, that sounds like my idea of hell... I don't sing in public. Not for anyone.

"What happened after that?"

"The next thing we knew the music stopped" Alec said "We've tried to find out what's causing it, but nothing is working"

"So, I've already tested to see if it was magic?" Victoria asked "A spell?"

"Yeah, it wasn't magic," Alec replied "We ruled that out pretty quickly."

Shit. Then what was causing it? Some kind of object? A demon? Or, maybe...

Suddenly a burst of bright light shone and we all quickly covered our eyes. When the light dimmed it left Michael standing, his blue suit ripped and burnt, his hair cut short and his piercing blue eyes filled with anger.

"It's Sandalphon," he said "He's here, I can feel him."

"Nice to see you too Micheal," I said "Did you find Lilith?"

"I did not," Michael replied "She was being shielded from my gaze. One of my brothers was hiding her."

Oh, shit that wasn't good...

"Sandalphon?" Victoria asked.

"Yes," Michael replied, his voice hard "The Angel Of Music."

Well that explains a lot.

"Hang on, your an angel?" Alec asked "And another angel is behind all the singing? Have I gone bloody mad?"

Michael looked over at him with an emotionless expression then continued "Lilith has been using his power to hide from me, and that goes against every law of heaven. I do not have time to explain every detail to you, Alec."

With that he turned and walked inside leaving us standing there for a more before we followed him. When we finally reached where Michael had stopped to wait for us, we were greeted by a sight that made us all pause. There was sand everywhere. It filled every inch of space in the room and was covering every single bit of furniture. And it was still moving. The people were all gone, but one lone figure stood at the top of the aisle.

He wore a long black coat, the sleeves pushed up his arms. Pale wings jutted out from his back, and when he turned around they stretched out behind him. His skin was pale, he had blonde hair that looked almost white. He looked young, but the powerful aura that came off him made me feel small. He looked right through us until his golden gaze rested on Michael.

"Brother," he said coldly. His voice was beautiful, like liquid silver. But there was something about it that made me feel pure fear.

"Sandalphon," Michael replied, the tension between them was so thick you could cut it with a knife "Your a long way from the White City."

"That much we can agree upon," Sandalphon replied.

For a moment he didn't say anything more, just staring Michael down, but then the corners of his mouth turned upwards and he laughed. His laugh was light, airy, and full of life. I hadn't expected laughter to be such a pleasant sound, and yet still sound sad at the same time.