The Prince Of Dorkness

It had been one year since I first arrived in Hell. Eleven months since Belphegor had left.

He had explained to me that time worked differently in Hell compared to Earth. I might have been dead a year from my perspective, but for Kian, Dylan and everyone else I had probably only been gone a few days at most.

Nick was sitting next to me, frowning at the screen as we sat in the cinema room watching a crappy sci-fi drama about a smuggler and his nephew traveling around the universe so he could win his ship back.

It had been his turn to choose what we watched.

"The original was better," he said, shaking his head as he took a large handful of popcorn and stuffed it in his mouth.

I honestly didn't care. My mind was focused elsewhere, and hope that we would find a way out was dwindling.

"You should've let me pick then." I countered.

Nick rolled his eyes, "Yeah, because I really want to watch The Hobbit for the fifth time in a month."

"You love The Hobbit." I frowned.

"Not five times in a row!" he exclaimed, "Honestly, I should tell my Dad that one, he'll probably use it for someone's Loop."

I glanced over at him. He rarely spoke about his dad.

"Do you miss your dad?"

"Of course," Nick replied confused, "Why wouldn't I? He used to sit for hours with me watching films, swimming, playing chess..."

Huh. I did not picture Lucifer as a hands on kind of parent. Then again, if Lilith was Nick's only other option... yeah she gave me the creeps.

No wonder Belph had become so attached to him.

"I met him once." I said, "It was the worst day of my life, but over everything he healed me."

"He's not evil you know. Not like the films say he is." Nick said, "He was exiled from his home, so he made Hell his home. Before he went, Mum made me hide from him. They had been fighting a lot. I didn't want him to go."

Shit. Lilith really was a bitch.

"I'm sorry, Nick."

"It's okay. I had Belph, and if that never happened I wouldn't have met you." he grinned, "My Wolfie."

Despite everything, I smiled at him.

"You're a dork, you know that, right?" I said, pulling him into a hug.

Nick grinned, "The Prince Of Dorkness!"

"And yet still a dork." I laughed, "So, are we watching The Hobbit next?"

Nick rolled his eyes, "Sure. It won't last long when you fall asleep in the middle and wake up with drool everywhere."

"That happened one time!"

Twice, actually...

Nick just chuckled, reaching across the seat to flick me on the forehead.
I scowled but couldn't help grinning back at him.

"Nick, I have to tell you something..."

"What?" he frowned.

Fuck it. He had to know. I took a deep breath, steeling myself. Here goes nothing...

"I don't think-" I began, but before I got another word out, the door behind us opened. I turned around to see Lilith smiling sweetly, although it didn't reach her eyes. Her long black dress matching her hair.

"Hello, boys. Having fun?" she asked, taking a seat in the empty chair next to Nick.

"Hey Mum," Nick said, sounding genuinely happy.