Some Sort Of Cult

"Okay," I mumbled, blinking open my eyes slowly.

I felt myself sitting comfortably on soft grass, the sky above me full of stars, and the breeze gently playing through my hair. The moon shined brightly down on the floor around us, making it look like we were sitting in a silver pool. As I turned my gaze to the right I saw Victoria, and felt her squeeze my hand, but Michael was no longer on my left.

"Okay, well, we've swapped bodies this time," Victoria said. She was right, her long red hair was cut in a short bob, and she wore a long green dress, I looked down to see that I had a mesh shirt on that left nothing to the imagination and a long black leather jacket.

What the fuck was I thinking to go out in public wearing this?

"I feel like a stripper," I complained, examining my abs through the material.

"Why are you looking at your own body?" Victoria asked with a sigh "Are you checking to see if anything is bigger?"

"Why would I be looking at my own body like that?" I retorted "Not that I have anything to be ashamed of, it's just... I wish I had a few more layers on. It's bloody cold out here."

"Sure it is," Victoria said as she got up and offered me a hand "Let's try to stay focused, eh? See what we can find out from this universe."

It didn't seem like the apocalypse had come to this world yet. Nothing was burnt or destroyed. In the distance I could see a light. Probably a farmhouse judging by the field that we had just woke up in. Everything just seemed peaceful.

"There's a house nearby," I said, pointing the light out to Victoria "Fancy a walk?"

"If you insist..." she responded.

The walk was nice, the moonlight giving us just enough light to see. We passed lines of trees, fields full of flowers and wheat. It was a beautiful night. There was a slight chill in the air, which made me pull the leather jacket tight around me.

We kept walking for about a half an hour until we came to a small road. It wasn't long before I saw the outline of the house in front of us. It was an old farmhouse. The red brick and thatched roof lit up by the lights that shone from inside. Whoever lived here was at home.

Before we could make our way closer to the house someone called out from one of the windows "Hello! who's there?"

My stomach dropped and a knot formed in my throat when I heard his voice. A voice I had thought I would never hear again. Wesley.

Oh, shit. It couldn't be him, he was dead. I knew that whoever this variant was, he was just a different person who shared the same face as my old friend.

Victoria's grip on my arm tightened as she looked up at me, probably noticing my hesitation to move towards the house. I glanced over at her and gave her an assuring smile, not that she would believe it, and I didn't blame her.

Suddenly the front door of the house opened and Wesley stood in pajamas and a long black and white dressing gown with a shotgun pointed right at us.

"Who are you?" he asked, squinting at us, he then swore, lowered the gun, pulled a pair of thick black glasses from his pocket for put them on.

"Kian?" he asked sounding surprised "Victoria? I didn't expect you guys back until the morning."

I swallowed, tried to get some saliva into my mouth, while trying to think of something to say.

"Yeah, um, we decided to come back early," I finally managed to croak out. He raised an eyebrow at my choice of words but said nothing and instead stepped aside to let us in.

The house inside was full of old world charm and style, oak beams, tiled floors and loads of character, but the posters on the wall took me by surprise.

One had a large red pentagram painted on it with the slogan:

WITCHES CAUSED THE PLAGUE

Another had a graphic picture drawn on it of a man being decapitated, a man who clearly had fangs. I felt a chill pass over my body as I noticed the crucifixes that hung on the walls.

What the fuck was this place?

"So, what brings you guys back so soon?" Wesley asked as we walked further into the house, his eyes trailing over us.

I cleared my throat "Well, maybe we should just go," I said, glancing nervously at Victoria.

She was glaring daggers at him, and he seemed to take notice of her expression as well. She had seen the posters.

"Are you still annoyed about last night?" Wesley asked her "Look, Vic, if I'd known that you wanted to burn that witch yourself, then I would have waited! But, you were too busy out werewolf hunting with Chaz. I didn't get jealous over that!"

Shit. were we part of some sort of cult that hunted supernatural creatures? This was so fucking messed up...

"And, what's going on with you, Kian? Are you sure you don't want to explain?"

"Explain what exactly?" I asked, just hoping that I sounded calm and composed.

"You're not talking much lately and you've been coming home late more often than not, always at night," Wesley said, raising an eyebrow at me.

Oh fuck. This was bad.

"You don't need to worry about me, I'm fine..." I started to say, but Wesley held his hand up in protest.

"No, Kian, you may as well just tell me the truth. Why do you keep sneaking off, eh? Did you meet some bloodsucker who managed to convince you to join them? Did they get you to feed? Make you feel good about what you are?"

Shit shit shit. What was I supposed to say now? This wasn't our world... we had to be careful.

"Wesley," Victoria sighed "Look..."

"I swear, if there's another witch involved, I swear to god..."

"The only other witch involved is me!" Victoria shouted, raising her hand and almost catching Wesley with the green flames that sprung up in her palms, a look of pure fear filled Wesley's face as he fell backwards onto the floor "We don't belong in this world, and I'll be damned if I'm going to listen to your shit! Now, we need to find Alec Colby, have you heard of him?"

Wesley hesitated, before nodding "Alec? how did you-"

I quickly pushed forward and bent down in front of him, letting my fangs show . My breath hitched, feeling as though I was seconds away from the bloodlust taking over me "Don't worry about how," I growled "Just tell us where he is."

Wesley stared wide eyed back at me, before swallowing audibly "He's in the basement," He replied.

"The basement?" I repeated, my eyes narrowing.

Wesley nodded "I'll show you..."

I let my fangs retreat back into my gums, and held out hand to Wesley. Reluctantly he took it and I pulled him to his feet. He wobbled slightly on his feet and swayed for a second or two before standing up straight.

"After you, Wes," I said , motioning for him to lead the way.

With every step I took, my stomach was sinking further and further and I was beginning to feel nauseous as the fear began to creep into me. I could taste bile building in my throat, I swallowed it down. This was all wrong.

The whole house felt wrong. As he led us through into a large kitchen with sparkling marble worktops and a large wooden table that could easily seat ten people.

"There," Wesley said pointing at the table. "Under the table."

I bent down to look under the table, where a large rug hid the floor.

"Under there?" I asked.

"Yes," Wesley replied, staring intently at the entrance of the cellar "He's been down there since he was attacked."

"Attacked?" Victoria asked "By what?"

Damn it, I had a feeling I knew what was coming...

"By a werewolf," Wesley replied.