Invasion Of My Privacy

After a while Jasper came to escort us to see Professor Turnscrew. We had no idea what came next for us, but we had to figure out if Will Jackson and the House Of The Apocalypse had travelled through the portal. If they had then this world was pretty much as fucked as ours was, and all of the others according to Michael.

Again I saw Alec, his deep brown eyes meeting mine as I pushed the sword through his heart. Shit. No. I couldn't think about that. If Alec was going to die in every universe, then we had to figure out how to prevent it. I couldn't lose him. Not like this, not after everything we've been through together. Everything he's done for me. He saved my life again and again... now it was my turn to repay the favour.

I didn't pay attention as we followed Jasper back through the hallways to the Professor's office. We still had no idea if we could trust the Supers, but since we couldn't get home yet, we'd have to stick with it, at least for now.

Michael's revelation about dreams could be our way of stopping the apocalypse in every universe, but there were no guarantees. It was only a hunch, and one that I needed to believe in.

"Professor Turnscrew is expecting you," Jasper said, breaking me away from my thoughts as we reached his office "He wanted to hash out a plan for finding the fugitives from your world who you think crossed over."

We walked into the room to find Professor Turnscrew sitting behind his desk, staring down at some papers that he soon forgot as we made our way inside. His glasses glinted under the harsh fluorescent light "Please, come take a seat," the professor gestured towards the chairs that sat opposite the desk. Once we were seated, Jasper left and closed the door behind him. I glanced around the room, taking in everything.

There was just as many books on the shelves as there were odd looking pieces of equipment. One looked like some sort of strange telescope, another like a big gun with two small round mirrors. There was one that resembled a pair of scissors and another something like a microscope, though there were too many tubes and wires and things attached to the different parts to really make sense of them.

"I believe that your theory regarding The House Of The Apocalypse is correct," Turnscew said taking my attention away from his many weird knick knacks "We may have found evidence that someone at least did cross over when young Callum was taken to your world."

I felt myself grow tense. If Will Jackson was in this world, I wasn't going to stop until I found that wanker and dragged his ass out of whatever hole he had decided to hide in. That's when I saw him in the corner of the room. A tall slender man with dark hair and skin was sitting quietly by himself, watching me carefully. His glassy white eyes told me that he was blind, but once I noticed him I could feel the power radiating from him.

"Your thirst for revenge will not end well," the man said, his voice thick and deep with experience "To truly honor the one that you lost, you must fight to prevent all worlds from being destroyed. That is the best thing you can do."

Who the fuck was this guy?

"Who I am is not important," he said then "I can feel the others and they're close by. Somehow they're shielding themselves from me, but they are preparing. I know that much."

What the hell? Was he reading my mind? I was not used to that sort of invasion of my privacy. To be fair, I was usually the one doing the invading... My mind reading still didn't seem to work in this universe. No matter how hard I had tried to get inside the Professor's head I was still drawing a frustrating blank.

"You're sure?" Victoria asked.

The Professor leaned forward resting his hands against the desk "I'm certain," he replied "We have to act first, that seems clear to me. We must strike before they're ready to make their move "We are strong, but we are not prepared to face a war. And we will need allies, even more so when the rest of the universes start to burn."

My chest tightened. How the fuck would we go about alerting the other dimensions? We might be able to combine our dreams and see into the other universes, but that wasn't guaranteed. Even if we did, it doesn't seem like anyone, Michael included, really knew how to make it work.

Shit. This was going to be tough and risky, but it had to be done. We had no other choice.

"I think we should try to merge our dreams," Victoria spoke up then "If there really is a way to see into another dimension that way, then we have to try."

"Merge your dreams?" the Professor asked, frowning at us.

The mysterious mind reader looked at me for a moment, and then nodded his head "From what I have gathered from their minds, I agree that it may be the only option we have. It seems that dreams are not quite what we believed they were. Dreams are just our minds connecting to alternate universes."

"I see," The Professor said "That is very concerning, but you're right, it might be our only option to do something about this impending apocalypse."

Turning his attention towards Victoria then, he asked "When were you planning on doing this?"

"As soon as we can, uh, we were wondering if we could use the gym... if it's not too much trouble?" Victoria asked.

A smile spread across the Professor's lips, and he turned to look at me "Not at all Miss Brown. I'm sure Stone wouldn't object to having his students do outside classes today."

"Thank you Professor," I murmured, not really knowing whether to be happy that we were doing something, or be worried by what might happen next.

"Oh and one other thing..." Victoria said "Could we borrow Jasper? it's just that we're going to need someone to keep an eye on us this end."

The Professor smiled "In fact, I think you can have Mr Grady as well seeing as they've both been listening at the door."

Suddenly the door swung open and Jasper and Callum both stood looking guilty dressed in their super suits. Jasper's green scales and Callum's bright yellow with a white lightning bolt over his chest.

"Sorry Professor," Jasper said, scratching the back of his neck "We thought... we don't want to bother you."

"Don't worry boys, it's fine," The Professor said smiling warmly, "In fact, this works out very nicely."

I couldn't look Callum in the eyes, as much as I knew he wasn't Alec, it was all I could see in his features. I had to try and keep it together for him. We couldn't afford to screw this up.

"Let's see if we can't dream a little dream, eh?" the Professor said with a smile.