Turnscrew's Academy

After a while we eventually ended up outside a large abandoned building. The windows were broken, the doors boarded up.

Yeah, this wasn't looking good...

"You have to focus to see through it," the winged man, who the professor in the wheelchair had called Falcon, said as he led us up the cracked stone steps leading up to the door.

"See through what?" I asked.

"The perception filter," Callum replied.

"That's pretty impressive technology," Victoria said looking up at the building.

What the fuck were they seeing? I closed my eyes and then reopened them to see the building properly. It looked brand new, gleaming in the sunlight, with a large sign that read:

TURNSCREW'S ACADEMY FOR SUPERHEROES

"Professor Turnscrew will meet you in his office" Falcon replied. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I was sure that I recognised his voice.

We walked in silence once we got inside, through halls filled with lockers and groups of teenagers in a blood red uniforms. Some were hovering, one girl had hair that kept changing colour, while at one point there seemed to be a stack of books and a uniform walking around with nobody inside it.

Huh, this place was weird.

until we reached an ornately carved wooden door. Falcon knocked, and a moment later the door was opened by the same green scaled guy who had met us after we fell through the portal.

"Come in," I heard the thick Scottish drawl of Professor Turnscrew say.

We entered the office, where the Professor was sat behind a large wooden desk. Four chairs had been set out in front of the desk, so each us took a seat.

Turnscrew leaned back in his chair and steepled his fingers together for a minute before talking.

"Firstly, I think introductions are in order," he said "I am Samuel Turnscrew, the headmaster of this establishment and the leader of the Supers. This is my second in command Falcon, or Fred Gambol Jr."

"Oh, just tell these strangers our true identities!" Falcon said angrily "Professor, with respect, how can we trust them?"

"Always so stuck up," the green scaled guy laughed "I'm Jasper Cole, or you can call me Chameleon."

As he spoke he pulled off his mask... holy shit he looks exactly like me!

"I think we can trust them, they're us from another universe" he continued "Don't you trust yourself, Falcon?"

"How do you know we're from another universe?" Victoria asked.

"I'm looking right at the evidence," Jasper said, his eyes meeting mine.

Yeah, looking at myself was creepy, even if he did keep his hair neat and shorter than mine. Huh. I wonder if Alec felt the same when he met Callum?

"Now, you obviously met Speed," Turnscrew said, taking back control of the conversation "Callum went missing three days ago."

"Three days?" Callum said shocked "But, that means I missed the election..."

"Indeed," Turnscrew confirmed "Clarke Gambol was re-elected with a majority, however, you going missing caused quite a stir. We half believed that Morpheus had taken you."

Morpheus? Who the fuck was Morpheus?

I shook those thoughts from my mind, trying to concentrate. Focus, Kian.

"I sent the other Supers to help find you" he explained "There was no trace, now we know why."

"Look, Professor," I said cutting him off "We sacrificed a lot to get Callum back here, but the bigger problem is that people from our universe may have crossed over when Callum did. And, trust me they're more dangerous than anything you've dealt with."

"How so?"

"You have superheroes here, well, in the universe we come from the supernatural is not just a myth.  There are vampires, demons, angels... the list goes on," I continued as Turnscrew stared at me in disbelief "I can show you if you need proof." I let my fangs show fully. The professor just frowned.

"You're a vampire, I take it?"

"Yes," I replied "My name is Kian Richards, Victoria here is a witch," as I spoke she let bright green flames appear in her hand "And... this is Michael. The Archangel."

"I have wings," Michael added, before going silent.

"I always believed that there were other universes out there," Turnscrew said "But, I never expected this. Vampires and angels. It's unbelievable, yet I see the proof with my own eyes."

"The people we think crossed over, they set Lucifer free from hell and started the apocalypse in our universe."

"And, now they've come here?' Falcon asked, beginning to pace the room, his wings flapping around.

"We think so, yes," I replied.

The Professor sighed "This complicates things. If what you're saying is correct then I'm afraid it's more than just your world facing it's end. We've already began to see signs of it here."

"Signs?" Victoria asked "Like what?"

"A rise in suicide, murders, strange disappearances," the Professor explained.

"Is there any way we could stop it?" Callum asked.

"By ourselves, no," the Professor replied "But, now we have help... maybe we can save both of our worlds." he then looked directly at me "Are you willing to help us?"

"Yes, of course," Michael replied.

"We'll do what we can," Victoria added.

I hesitated for a moment, glancing over at Callum. I thought about Alec, and the fact that he had died to get us here.

"Yeah, why not?" I replied "That's what we came all this way for."

Turnscrew nodded slowly "Excellent, then we'll need to make a plan. I'll call a full meeting of the Supers."

"What about me, Professor?" Callum asked.

Turnscrew smiled at him "You were the first person to traverse the universes, I'll have to run some tests. Perhaps we can find a way to open a portal in a controlled environment, create a link as such between the two words."

Callum nodded dejectedly. I felt bad for him. He had met, Alec, his doppelganger only to see him die. He had seen just how dangerous Will Jackson, M and Dorian Gray were, and he had seen the result of Lucifer's rampage through Moonstone.  Now, we had to figure out a way to prevent the same thing from happening to his world. His home.

The thought made my heart twist in pain. He wasn't Alec, but he had the same heart, no matter what universe he was from.

"Hey, you okay?" Victoria whispered, putting her arm gently around my shoulders.

I nodded. This was not the time to burden everyone with my grief. Not when the end of all things was dangerously close to becoming reality.

"Very well," Turnscrew said, rolling himself out from behind the desk  "It's settled then. Let's see if we can't stop this apocalypse, eh?"