Spontaneous Musical Number

I woke up and found myself staring into the worried green eyes of Victoria, who was now wearing a white lacy dress, that was form fitting and really not her style at all. She had her hair all in curls with a glittering tiara set in the top.

"Are you okay?" She asked looking at me "I didn't think you were going to follow me for a moment."

Looking down I saw that I was wearing black dress trousers and a white shirt that was completed with black bow tie and a white suit jacket.

What the fuck was going on?

We were in a room that seemed to have no contents, only a large orange rug that covered the floor, and was at odds with the plain white walls.

"I..."

Suddenly music blared, an upbeat rocky tune around me that was actually pretty good, and I found myself jumping up, almost knocking Victoria over as I got to my feet and then began to sing.

I feel like Alice,
I just fell into Wonderland,
Ended up someplace,
I don't understand,

Followed a rabbit,
Went down the rabbit hole,
And ended up someplace
That I don't know,

Why am I singing?,
This is out of our control,
I've lost my mind,
We need to find our way home,

We're getting close now,
I can feel it in my bones,
This is the world we need,
It's out of our control

Then, almost as quickly as it had started the music disappeared and Victoria stood looking at me with one eyebrow raised in amusement.

"What the fuck was that?" I asked, feeling somehow violated. I had no idea what had caused my spontaneous musical number, but I didn't like it.

"Well, Kurt Cobain, I think you just sang a widdle song," Victoria smiled, the laughter barely being held in.

"It's not funny!" I said annoyed "What could have caused that?"

"Some sort of spell?" Victoria replied, before upbeat music started out of nowhere and Victoria looked at me with panic in her eyes before bursting into song.

Some sort of curse,
Or maybe a potion,
Who the hell cares?,
We're all mad here!,

Maybe it's me,
Or maybe it's you,
We'll sing 'till the dawn,
We have nothing to fear!,

We'll figure it out,
We'll find us a cure,
For this is a spell,
I can say that for sure!

Victoria stood for a moment as the music stopped. She looked at me, her face frowning as she headed to the door. The only way out of the room.

"Vic, wait!" I said, making her stop and face me "Don't you think we should leave this world?"

I certainly didn't want to start singing again. Musicals might make it look fun to start spontaneously singing for no reason, but it just felt bloody awkward.

"Didn't you listen to our songs?" Victoria said "This world is the one we've been looking for."

To be honest, I was more focused on the fact that we were singing, I wasn't paying attention to the lyrics.

"And you're going to trust a song?" I asked, beginning to doubt her sanity.

"It's not just a song, Kian," Victoria replied with a smile "It's a spell, and whoever cast it is sending us a message."