A Game Of Survival

When I came to I found myself still in The Library, and I had been tied to one of the chairs.

I looked around seeing that Victoria had done the same to everyone else, and all of us were in a circle. Me, Kian who had a nasty looking cut on his head, Belph who was unconscious, my Mum, Mona and Harry Jekyll who were all now fully awake, gagged and bound, looking scared.

Then I saw her.

Victoria appeared behind Kian smiling down at him, "We're going to play a little game." she cooed.

"What game?" I asked as she made her way into the middle of the circle.

"The oldest game, that of survival," Victoria said as a long, thin knife appeared in her hand, "You play against each other... to the death."

Crap. No way this was going to end well...

"Why are you doing this?" Kian asked, "Vic, this isn't you."

"But it is me," Victoria replied, "It always has been."

"You've been corrupted by dark magic," I said, the real you is in there somewhere still."

Victoria made her way over to me, the knife glinting in the light.

"This is the real me, Alec." she said, "There is darkness and light in all of us, how we choose to act on it is what makes us who we are."

"So, do the right thing," I pleaded, "You can still stop all of this."

Victoria laughed, "Trying to make me see sense? I see it all clearly now. I do. No matter what we do we are always destined to loose. Lilith will win, it's inevitable. We lost against Will Jackson too. So much blood spilt, so much sacrifice, was any of it really worth it? Was it? Your brother became a vampire, killed your father. Jekyll, I nursed you back to health after Jonathan crushed you. Kian you were possessed and killed so many people in your lifetime... Alec, you were almost accused of crimes that someone else committed. You went to Hell. You died and then came back, tell me, how is any of that fair?"

"It's not," I agreed, "But, life is rarely fair. You told me that."

"I did," she said, "But, we don't have to play fair either. We don't have to just stand here and take it. We can make our own rules!" She reached out and touched my face, her fingers trailing across the scar left from when Harry Jekyll shot me, "Don't you want revenge?" she asked softly, "For all those wrongs committed against you?"

"Of course I do, but not like this!"

"Why not? I can make all that pain go away," Victoria whispered.

"Leave him alone!" Kian shouted, struggling against his bonds.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt him, Kian," Victoria replied, "I have no reason to, but you will."

What the fuck was she talking about?

"I would never hurt Alec," Kian said, "Sorry to disappoint."

"Not you exactly," she smiled, "But, the demon inside your head would kill him without a second thought."

Kaicius...

"You don't want to free him," I cut in, "Trust me on that."

"Oh, but I do want to free Kaicius." Victoria replied, "That's what will make the game fun! He will be the first wrong to be served justice."

Shit, this wasn't good...

She walked towards Kian then, pressing the blade against his neck once she reached him.

"Please don't!" I begged, tears starting to form in my eyes.

Victoria began to chant, "Seral Alana... Seran Viran... Jalan," Kian's eyes rolled back into his head and he strained against the bonds, "Seral Alana... Seran Viran... Kaicius!"

Oh crap... oh crap...

Kian stopped shaking, but when he opened his eyes they were no longer red, they were black, just like Victoria's. Kian was gone, and Kaicius was back in control.

"Wakey, wakey..." Victoria said to him with a wide smile.

A look of pure hatred and then confusion crossed his face as Kaicius surveyed the scene in front of him.

"What's this then?" he asked, "Whose idea was it to do bondage?"

My blood ran cold as I heard him talk.

"We are going to play a game, Kaicius," Victoria said, "Have a little fun, how does a little vengeance sound?"

"I love a bit of old fashioned, bloody revenge," Kaicius replied, "Let me out of these ropes, witch, and I'll show you just how fun I can be..."

"All in good time," Victoria promised, "Now, let's get started, shall we?"

With a wave of her hand six chains dropped from the ceiling. One by one, they circled the chairs until each of us was completely restrained.

Kaicius stared down at himself, a scowl etched onto his face, "I could break this if I tried," he muttered angrily, twisting in his chair trying to get some leverage. It didn't work.

"Do try," Victoria taunted, "You might even succeed!"

"You bitch!" Kaicius growled, "I will break each of your bones and drink the marrow from them!"

"Sounds delicious," Victoria giggled.

"I will make you beg for mercy!" Kaicius shouted, making Victoria laugh even more.

Kaicius began to laugh along with her, which caused the chains holding his wrists to tighten even more causing him to grimace in agony.

"Oh, you will beg for mercy..." Victoria smiled, "And, you will pay for all of your sins, demon."

I watched silently, helpless as everything I believed in turned upside down.

"What are you going to do, kill me?" Kaicius asked.

"I promise you, demon." Victoria sneered, "If I wanted you dead you wouldn't be alive right now. No, the people tied up around you, now they have every reason to want you dead. None more so than Alec over there, you are possessing his fianceé after all..."

Kaicius' eyes met mine, his face contorted in anger as he tried again and again to pry apart the chains.

"Once you've quite finished," Victoria smiled, "Why don't we try a little truth or dare?"