Real Hell

After a month I had gotten used to life in Hell. Not something I ever thought I would be thinking about.

Belph had kept me updated on his search for my body, but he had still not been able to find it. To be honest, after so long, I had given up hope of him finding it.

Nick was still oblivious to everything, and I had to agree with Belph, it was better if he stayed in the dark. Lilith has been absent, but that didn't make it any less of a worry.

I sat with Nick back in the dining room, watching him as he gobbled up a plate full of spaghetti. He was still just a kid. Belph had explained that before he left Lucifer had used a spell to freeze time in Hell. It meant that while he was down here Nick would be forever twelve years old, because once he turned thirteen the prophecy about him ruling over Heaven and Hell could come true.

"This is delicious!" Nick said through a large mouthful.

It was, but the food was far from my mind. I might have accepted that I was not getting out of here anytime soon, but I still missed Kian. Dylan. My mum. God, even Victoria, Micheal and Harry Jekyll. I had no idea what was going on up in the normal world, or if they were okay. Not to mention, I had no idea how they were coping with my death. That hurt the most. I didn't want to think how much pain my sacrifice had put them through.

If only I'd had time to talk to them, to tell them I loved them and that I was sorry...

Nick's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Your brooding again."

"I am not brooding," I replied.

He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Fine, I'm brooding a bit."

He grinned and took another bite, "A tiny bit? What are you thinking about?"

I shook my head, knowing what I wanted to say wasn't appropriate at this point. I couldn't let anyone see the pain that was inside of me. "Nothing. Just..." I trailed off and shrugged.

His eyes narrowed slightly, "It doesn't seem like nothing."

Damn it, he was so annoying sometimes...

"I was just thinking of everyone back home."

He nodded slowly, "That must suck."

It did.

The one person who was probably always going to understand everything, the one person I'd told everything to, was out of my reach. Kian. I missed having the engagement ring on my finger, it hadn't made the trip with me to Hell. I missed him. I couldn't imagine what he was going through without me.

Hell felt like an endless wasteland, the coldness of the place numbing my skin. Everything I could think of available, apart from being with the people I love.

Yeah, that was real Hell.

"Do you miss them?" I turned and saw Nick was looking back at me with a serious look on his face.

My lips twisted into a smile, "More than anything."

When I was alone in my room, I laid on the bed and imagined going back. As if there was some way I could see Kian again, to tell him how sorry I was that I wasn't there. I missed our conversations, laughter, his hugs. His smile when he kissed me, how his deep red eyes lit up every time they looked at me, and how my heart seemed to skip a beat whenever he was close.

But, all I got was back cold reality staring me right in the face. He wasn't here.

"Why aren't you happy here?" Nick asked.

"I am happy here. This place is cool "

"Yeah, but why aren't you happy?" Nick asked, his brows furrowed slightly.

"Because it's Hell, Nick." I sighed heavily. "I don't fit in here."

"Are you saying that you don't feel welcome?"

"No. Not entirely, I mean it isn't like Hell isn't fun, I just don't belong here. You know that."

Nick smiled, "You belong anywhere you go, Wolfie."

I gave him a small smile, "Thanks."
We went back to eating in silence for a moment.

"Is it just me or do you smell weird today?" Nick asked finally, breaking the silence.

"What kind of question is that?" I laughed, making Nick laugh too.

"I don't know," Nick smiled, "But, you smell like wet dog, dude."

What did he just say?

"Wet dog?" I said, my heart thumping in my chest, "Why would you say that?"

My mind flashed back to when I was sitting in Will Jackson's basement, and him telling me that he was a vampire.

"Well, you're a werewolf, right?" Nick said looking at me, frowning at the scared look that must have been plastered all over my face, "I just thought it would be funny. I didn't mean to upset you."

I blinked rapidly as tears sprang to my eyes, "I need some air." I said standing up.

Heading to the door I didn't look back, I didn't want Nick to have to see me break down.

Making my way to the door I went through and ended up in my bedroom. I headed for the bed and sat down, as the tears began to stream down my face.

Shit. This place was getting to me.

I tried to take a few deep breaths but instead I broke down crying. I knew I was going to feel worse, but I couldn't bring myself to care anymore.

As soon as I could breathe properly again I wiped away the tears, "I'm sorry, Kian. I messed up." I said to the empty room, "You'd call me a bloody idiot if you were here." I laughed, "The stupidest thing I ever did was leave you. I died, because I thought there was no other choice, now I'm wondering if that was true. We always look back in regret though, don't we?"

"Nice words."

Startled, I sat up to see Belph leaning against the desk the far wall, his long brown hair tied back, and a smirk playing across his thin pale lips.

"Where did you come from?" I asked, wiping more tears away.

"I can teleport."

I glared up at him, "Really?"

"No, not really," he laughed, "But, we have bigger problems than your need to wallow in self pity."

I stood up, feeling a little shaky despite everything, "And what would those be?"

"Your friends are about to try and resurrect you."