Deal With The Devil?

"How do we find him then?" Dylan asked, "We can't even be sure that he's in this dimension."

He made a good point. Lucifer could be anywhere, and there was no guarantee that we would be able to find him in time.

"We need to bring him to us." Michael said, "That is the only way."

"You're suggesting that we try to summon him?" Belph laughed, "Except your resident witch just boarded the crazy train, and took her spell book with her."

Michael frowned, "There is no other way."

We really didn't have a choice. Lucifer might be our only chance of stopping Lilith's plan, and my best chance of saving Alec. We had to take it, no matter the risk.

"If we do this we're taking a massive risk," I said, "And we can't afford to mess this up."

"Agreed," Dylan said, "So, how do we summon Lucifer?"

"It's all in the book," Micheal said, flicking through the pages of the heavy volume that Adam had given us, "What we need is his symbol..."

He stopped and opened up the book on a page that contained one large image. There were two circles, the bigger inner piece containing a five-pointed star with the image of a goat contained inside it with two names spelled out in gaps; SAMAEL across the top and LILITH along the bottom. The smaller outer circle contained odd symbols at each point of the star.

"The symbol of Baphomet," Micheal said, his voice hard, "We can use this to summon Lucifer to us."

"He always hated the goat thing," Belph laughed, "What else do we need?"

Michael frowned at the yellowing pages, "Blood, hair. We need to draw the symbol. Nothing we don't already have it seems."

"So its easy then?" Dylan asked, his mind betraying him as he thought about what had happened to Victoria.

I pulled him into me, we would get Alec back. We had to.

"The blood has to be human," Micheal said, "The hair too.

Oh, shit. There was only one human in our group.

"Micheal, you don't have to," I said.

Micheal shook his head, "No, Kian. I must do this."

"If you're sure."

"I might be human, but I can do this," Micheal smiled sadly, "For Alec if nothing else. He should be alive. He would be if Lilith hadn't interfered."

"Yes we know that," Belph sighed, "Can we just bloody get on with it?"

This demon was beginning to piss me off...

I pulled a piece of chalk from my pocket. Victoria had drilled it into us not to go out without tools in case she ever needed them.

"Use this to draw the symbol," I said, handing it to Micheal.

Micheal nodded and bent to the floor. Using the book as a guide he drew a copy of the symbol.

"Okay," he said as he stood up, "Next we need blood." he picked a piece of a broken glass bottle from the floor, wincing as he slid it across his palm, letting a few drops land on the face at the center of the symbol before squeezing his hand tight.

Belph ripped a piece of the t-shirt he was wearing and held it out to Micheal who frowned, took it and wrapped up his hand.

"I need no help." Micheal said, "But, thank you."

He carried on, pulling some of his long blonde hair and placing it in the center of the image. As soon as he did it began to glow orange, the light growing brighter and brighter. I just saw Micheal manage to pull himself out of the circle as a figure appeared, dressed in a black suit. His long slick blonde hair, bright blue eyes like shards of ice looking out at us, his neatly trimmed beard making him look older than his body actually was.

Lucifer.

I could feel the wave of power that came off him as he looked right at me, never blinking.

"I remember you," he said before his cold gaze turned to Micheal, "Brother. They took your wings just as father took mine, didn't they? Shame, I could have used your powers at their full strength."

How the fuck did he know about that?

"Luci, we know that you're looking for your son," Micheal said, "And we are looking for someone that Lilith took too."

"Unless you can tell me where my son is this conversation is pointless," Lucifer said simply, "I sympathise with you, I truly do, but if Lilith has someone you care about then they are probably already dead."

"We need a favor," I said stepping forward, "We will tell you what we know if you help us find what we're looking for."

Lucifer's eyes flashed dangerously, "A favor? A deal with the Devil? You must truly love this person to be so reckless."

"I do love him," I said.

Lucifer studied me then, a slight smile playing at the corner of his lips, "I can taste the truth in your words." he said, "One favor, that's all you will get. Tell me what you need."

"We need to find a body," I said, feeling my nerves fraying the longer I spoke to Lucifer, "Alec Colby."

"The one whose blood was used to bring me to Earth," Lucifer frowned, "Why is he important?"

"He died because of Lilith," I explained, "We think she took him to Hell."

Lucifer's blue eyes darkened, "I see, so that's where she's hiding."

"Yes, and we want to bring Alec back, but we need his body to do that."

"Otherwise he'll be trapped in a body that is not his own, isn't that right, Belphegor?"

"Yes my Lord." Belph said, looking down at the floor as Lucifer turned to him.

"Times like these make for strange bedfellows. I will do my best to help you," Lucifer said, "But first, we must find Will Jackson and The House Of The Apocalypse before they cause any more damage to the multiverse."

"Hang on," Dylan cut in, "We thought you were causing the damage trying to find your son?"

"No," Lucifer replied, his voice full of anger, "I did not cause that damage, but I will make sure they pay for all the hurt they've caused."

Will Jackson seemed pretty convinced that Lucifer was destroying the multiverse last he caught up with us, now I wasn't so sure, but, we knew exactly what universe he, M and Dorian Grey were hiding in.

"Well we have a pretty good idea of where they're hiding," I said, "We just need a way to get to them."

"I can open a portal," Lucifer said simply, "Just tell me which universe it is and I can stop them."

"And how do we know that you'll keep to the deal?" I asked, "If you go after The House there's nothing to stop you from just disappearing."

"I always keep my word." Lucifer said, "A deal is a bond, especially one with me. Look, as a gesture of goodwill I will transport you to where Lilith has hidden Alec's body. I will deal with The House, you just make sure you get my son away from Lilith."