That... Was Fucking Weird

I stepped forward and pulled open the hatch, revealing a glum, dingy tunnel that seemed to only head down into the ground. Well, if you could call what we were standing on 'ground'.

The floor was white and seemed to be made of cloud, but whenever I moved it felt firm beneath my feet. It was fucking weird, but, this whole experience was, like most things in my life since I was turned.

It was a never-ending parade of blood, fear and making mortal enemies of supernatural creatures. Fun.

"Well, then," I said aloud, trying to ignore the fact that the others weren't exactly making a move "Shall we go?" I asked Victoria, hoping that we weren't being led into a trap.

Victoria might know The Coven, but to me, they were still an unknown quantity. They had no reason to help us.

We needed them. So maybe they'd do something helpful, surely sending Lucifer back to hell and stopping the impending apocalypse was a priority for everyone right now. I just wanted answers, that's all. A way to get Callum back to his own dimension. If they could help us get Callum home, maybe all of this would have been worth it in the end. I hoped.

"Follow my lead, and, try not to die," Victoria said as she sat on the edge and began to lower herself down "See you guys at the bottom."

She smiled briefly before letting go and falling down into the darkness. I hesitated a second before following her lead and sitting on the edge. I looked over at Kian one more time before lowering myself down into the hole. Shit. There's no turning back now, I was committed, so I closed my eyes and let go.

"Oh fuck!" I yelled as I fell down and down, down, until, suddenly, I felt hands catch me and pull me so that I was standing up.

"Hey, are you okay?" Victoria asked.

I nodded and took a breath "How did you do that? How did you catch me?"

Victoria smiled, pointing at the floor where I could see up to the hole I had just fallen through.

Damn, that was weird. Whatever this place was, the laws of physics didn't seem to apply.

"You'd better take a few steps away," Victoria said as she looked up "Someone's coming down."

I nodded and watched as the person entered the hole and then let go, falling up from the floor towards us. The long blonde hair gave Kian away as Victoria caught him and steadied his fall before moving him out of the way to catch Michael and then Callum.

Michael stumbled slightly as he stood up and brushed himself off, while Callum just looked disoriented. He blinked and took a deep breath.

"That... was fucking weird," he said, before suddenly looking pale. He then quickly ran to a corner of the tunnel before he was sick on the floor.

"Better out than in," Michael said as he walked over and put his hand on Callum's back and gently rubbed it.

"He'll be fine," Victoria said with a soft smile "Don't worry, It'll pass soon enough. Magic can have that effect on people."

I nodded slowly and looked around, trying not to seem too worried. We had to find the exit, that was our goal here. The tunnel we had fallen into was large, but it only seemed to have one way in and out.

How the fuck did we get to The Coven from here?

My inner thoughts were interrupted by a voice behind me, that caused me to swear and turn around quickly.

A young man wearing robes that were a similar red colour to those of the Church Of Dracul, but slightly lighter in tone, stood at the entrance to a long corridor that definitely hadn't been there before, and he was smiling at us.

"Hello, I'm Elder David. Welcome to The Coven," he said, his voice light and breezy, but somehow it felt fake. As did his smile, which was becoming unnerving. I stared at him blankly.

What the fuck was going on here?

David spoke again "Perhaps introductions would be appropriate?" he asked "You know who I am, after all."

Kian, apparently feeling the same thing I was, replied "Do we? Because all we have is your word on that."

"Of course, you don't really know who I am," David shook his head, his smile never leaving his face "That would defeat the purpose of this meeting."

"The purpose?" Michael repeated, his voice calm and quiet "And what purpose is that, exactly?"

David turned his gaze towards him, and I noticed how his expression changed "To talk about the plan you're enacting against Lucifer. The plan to rip a hole in the fabric of the universe. That was why you came to us, no? For the spell to open a portal."

How the fuck did they know? Stupid, Alec! Magic! That's how... of course that's how.

They already knew about the portal, Lucifer and the spell we were hoping to leave with, so, all of this was just a formality. The Coven had already decided if they were going to help us or not.

Crap. This was getting us nowhere fast. Time was ticking, and the longer we lingered in this place the riskier it got, and there was more of a chance of Callum getting stuck for good.

I glanced over at Victoria, who had been watching everything silently, but there was something strange in her eyes. Confusion? Regret? Maybe. She was acting strangely, that's for bloody sure. She had been oddly quiet since David had turned up.

Was she scared? No, that couldn't be it. I don't think there was much that could cause her to worry like this, except, maybe The Coven was the thing that scared her. A magically powerful hive mind of sorts, yeah, they definitely scared the shit out of me, and I could only guess what kind of power they were capable of.

If we were lucky, they would help us get Callum home, and help us stop the apocalypse. If we were unlucky, they would kill us all. But either way, there wasn't much else we could do but keep dancing to their tune. I wouldn't even be surprised if they decided to kill us all anyway, because, well... that seems to happen to us a fucking lot.

"Your silence speaks volumes," David said, looking around at each of us "So, tell me... why was a rip in the fabric of the universes was allowed to happen? And why Lucifer was set free from hell?"

"An old friend of mine betrayed us," I replied "Will Jackson. He set Lucifer free, but, we don't think he was the one who opened the portal."

"Is that so?" David frowned "Then who opened it?"

"M," Kian said cutting in "He's a magician, and definitely powerful enough to open a portal between dimensions."

"M?" David asked, raising an eyebrow "There was a member of The Coven who went by 'M', but he died many years ago."

"Sorry to burst the bubble," Kian interrupted "But M is alive. We've seen him, fought against him..."

David nodded "He was strong, very strong. In fact, I met him once. He was a powerful ally at one point. I suppose it's not unreasonable to assume that he survived his death."

Michael raised his eyebrows "Wait, The Coven killed him?"

David sighed "Yes we did. I was there, as a matter of fact. He was getting far too connected to the darker aspects of magic. He started to hang around with a group, The House Of The Apocalypse they called themselves. We warned him that we would take action if he continued to help them with their quest to free Lucifer. He didn't listen."

"Well The House succeeded," Victoria said, her voice sounding calm despite the fact that we seemed to be getting nowhere "And now Lucifer is free. Our Lord is finally free..." suddenly her voice changed, getting deeper, not sounding like Victoria at all "And soon, he will come to destroy all those who oppose Him."