INDEPENT NEIGHBOUR

The night passed slowly and next came the expected morning. The noisy birds sang as much as their voices could carry and decided to leave when the soft morning sun graced the much peaceful day. Ocean is majestically walking back to his apartment after his usual morning walk around the neighbourhood when he spotted his new rabbit teeth neighbour across, furiously searching her handbag for something. He ignored her but his legs had its own plan as it carried him to where she is standing beside her car.

Who knew that my rabbit teeth neighbour would look this hot in an office wear, I would have never guessed, he thought to himself. His eyes moved from her well ironed white shirt that is well tucked into her pencil mouth skirt, showing off her delicate curves and toned slender legs. His eyes narrowed a little at the very long black heels she is wearing.

  Noticing the presence beside her, she stopped her search for a while to look at the person. Seeing it is the neighbour from last night, she mentally hissed while eyeing him warily. Her eye moved from his short ruffled hair to his slightly unbuttoned shirt then to his short and finally his boots, who wears heavy boots instead of trainers for morning walk? when her eyes finally met his grey like ones, the wide grin on his face sent chills down her spine. I have a weird neighbour, she thought to herself. Why is he just standing there and looking at me? she thought to herself while waiting for him to say something meaningful

"morning Mr neighbour" She greeted him with lack of interest hoping he would take the hint

"hmm, morning my rabbit teeth neighbour" She eyed him but didn't say anything as she focused her attention back on what she was looking for "Looking for something?"

"nope" she answered immediately. He smiled down at the young girl who had poured everything inside her bag on the car's bonnet, her brows kept moving up and down.

"I might be of help" he persuaded her

"Thanks, I will find it myself. I am an independent lady" he blinked twice at her reply, before leaning against the car to watch her

"Okay" My independent rabbit teeth neighbour, he internally laughed at the name

"oh my god, I might have thrown the key into the waste paper basket this morning while cleaning up or did I leave it on the couch? No, I am sure I brought it out with me now" she ignored the person beside her as she tried to recollect every possible place she might have entered this morning. Ocean chuckled at her frantic state which got her attention "What is funny? I am running late to work and I don't know where I placed my car key and you are laughing"

"My dear independent rabbit teeth neighbour, has anyone told you that you are funny?"

"huh?"

"or is it because you have just one eye?" He shook his head dramatically before jerking his head towards the direction of the car's door. When she followed the direction of his head she blinked several times at her key hanging from the door's keyhole. Dumbfounded and embarrassed, she slowly packed everything back into her handbag. If there is a way to disappear and save herself the embarrassment, she would  gladly do it. She didn't know how to face her neighbour after boasting of being an independent lady and not being able to find the key she had safely put in the car's door keyhole.

"where are you going to?" his question made her look up to see she had gone the passenger's side "Do you plan to drive from the passenger's seat today? I would love to see too" she turned around and walked towards the driver's side which is where he is standing. "Are you embarrassed? well, you should be" because it is very interesting, he completed in his head

"Mr neighbour, don't you have any work to attend to?" her embarrassment soon turned into irritation as she entered her car and banged the door, holding the steering tightly, imagining it to be his neck.