FIGHT OR DIE 2

Ocean and Marcus made swift turns in the various hallways, releasing as many people as possible while still searching for Lydia. At a point, Ocean suggested they both split to make the search easier.

The search had been surprisingly going smoothly for them, with little to no obstacles hindering them, and the dungeon had been bigger than they had predicted. It had many dark corners and one too many cells in it. The thought of the search taking longer than necessary irked him.

Even though they had their suspicion that Baxton might have moved her to another place, they could only hope, searching and turning the dungeon upside down to make sure they didn't miss anything.

With so much determination, Ocean continued down the hallways while searching each cell for the familiar figure of the girl he considered a sister.

Oh, he was growing more and more impatient and angry. Of course, he was happy to save and reunite with Lydia, but that wasn't what motivated his furious search.

He wanted to go back home to Moon. He hadn't seen in a little over a month.

Though he was surrounded by men and a few women, it still felt lonely without her by his side.

If he had in a moment had any doubts about his feeling for her, this short period he has been away from her has assured him that she was it for his whipped ass.

He had also made up his mind to come clean to her about his messed up life, as he realised that if he wanted her by his side— especially in times like this, he would have to gain her acceptance of what he is.

As much as he wanted to share everything with her, show her his real nature, explore his mysterious powers with her, and make her love him for who he is. He was scared.

Just imagining her giddy smile every time she saw him walk through the door, her gentle touch, her soft laugh, the way she always pouts and whines whenever they argue about something, made him triple his steps, eyes searching for any sign of Lydia.

The earlier they find Lydia, the earlier he leaves the hellhole his brother built here on earth to torment helpless people. He was about to take a right turn when his ears jerked, alerting him that someone was following him, and just by the familiar, sweet feminine scent, he already knew who it was.

For a moment, he thought of ignoring her and continuing his search, but after taking a few steps forward, he abruptly stopped, causing the figure to do the same. The all-too-familiar strawberry scent filled his senses till he almost felt lightheaded. It used to be the scent that he loved and worshipped so much.

"Cyrus?" The person breathed out his name as if not believing her eyes.

Ocean turned and was met with the most enchanting blue eyes he had ever met. How could he have forgotten how hypnotising those eyes were?

Did she get more painfully beautiful or something? He thought to himself and mentally punched himself in the face before clearing his throat.

"Rose?" He breathed out her name.

"It is me." A satisfactory smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she took a few cautious steps closer to him as if testing the waters.

"What are you doing here?" Ocean asked, still not able to take his eyes off her face.

Moving closer, she whispered, "I came to help you." She looked around to make sure no one was close enough to see them together.

Ocean's eyes roamed her body once again before he finally settled on her face. He kept having flashbacks of their time together back in those days.