JASMINE AND JEN☑

Jasmine sat on the bed with a deep frown, and on the other hand, Jen was pacing back and forth in the small room, her long heels furiously clicking against the marble floor.

"Jen, do you realize that you are distracting me?"

"And how am I doing that?" Jen looked at her cousin confusedly.

"Never mind, but just sit down and calm your stupid nerves."

"How do you expect me to calm down when I am about to lose everything I worked hard for to my little sister? How do you expect me to calm down after what you showed me?" Jen pointed at a file that lay scattered on the bed.

"I didn't show it to you for you to go crazy."

"How am I not supposed to go crazy when I just discovered that my sister and husband were once dating back in college? They pretended not to know each other back then and are planning to get married now."

"It is not the end of the world, you know?"

Jen let out a dry chuckle, "Just wait till you find a man you are ready to settle down with and have your little sister snatch him away from you."

"But I thought you didn't love Rex?"

"I love his money."

"I understand you, even I would do anything to keep Rex to myself. Losing all the fame and money that comes with being Rex's wife must be really hard on you."

"It is not just about losing fame and money, but who I am losing it to. If it were another woman, I wouldn't have been this heartbroken." Jen slumped into one of the leather couches and held her head in her hand. After a long silence, Jasmine decided to speak,

"I just feel like part of this was my fault."

"What do you mean?" Jen asked,

"You know, when I started noticing the two of them in the company, I thought it was just my mind playing me. I thought it was just the whole brother-in-law and sister-in-law bonding. I remember one time when my dad asked me to deliver a file to Rex's secretary on my way back from work, and just for me to get there, I saw them eating and laughing like husband and wife. That wasn't the only occasion. So many times, I would see Rex holding on to her waist and stuff, but it didn't occur to me that something was going on. Whenever I asked the workers, they would tell me that's how they were in the workplace."

"Like seriously? Why didn't you tell me? I could have ended it before it even started."

"Look, I am sorry okay! I didn't want to give out the wrong information."

"But how come I didn't notice any of it? I hardly saw Moon in the company, always locked in her office."

"They probably had an informant that always signalled them every time you came."

"True, probably one of those bodyguards that always greeted me at the entrance,"

"Probably."

"I can't believe my sister and husband played me like that."

"I can't believe it either. What do you plan to do?"

"I don't even know. Do you know the worst part of everything?"

"No."

"He already spoke to our parents about his plans of marrying Moon once I signed the divorce papers, and they agreed."

"What? I can't believe this! Why would they agree to such a thing?"

"Hello, this is Rex we are talking about. He threatened to cancel all the contracts he made with our company, and you know what that means, right?"