GETTING HELP FROM A WITCH 2

After the first few minutes of playing hide and seek, the man got tired and tossed his stake on the floor as he focused on levelling his breathing. Upon seeing the man panting on the floor, Ocean grinned before crouching to be on the same level with the man he was yet to know his name.

"Are we tired already? How disappointing. I was really looking forward to having fun with you, but it seems you are no fighter as you posed to be earlier.

The man glared up at the stranger, who he was yet to understand his mission. "What do you want?" The man asked, irritation evident in his eyes.

Seeing the man's condition, Ocean's smile tipped further, "If I say your blood will you give it to me?"

"I would rather die than see you drink from me," In a twinkle of an eye, the man brought out a small knife hidden in his pant, ready to stab himself to death, but Ocean was fast enough to stop the action.

"Relax, old man." A frown settled on Ocean's face.

The man looked at Ocean nervously, "Old man?"

"I can see through your mask, or should I say through your potion. You could have fooled me."

The man looked at Ocean for a few minutes before sighing, "I guess I am no longer as good as I used to be." Stretching out his body on the floor, the man's body began to change, looking all old and wrinkly. 

Ocean smirked upon seeing how the man had taken his true form, "There you are, looking as young as ever." Chimed Ocean before leaving the now old man on the floor. He went back to checking the vial tubes that didn't break.

The man glared at Ocean's back, not appreciating the sarcasm. "Don't let it get to your head. I used to be like you. If not for your kind..."

"My kind?"

"Never mind." The man shook his head as if reminiscing the bad memories.

"I never did." Came Ocean's reply as he shook and sniffed each standing vial.

The man wanted to ask Ocean to stop touching the tubes, but remembering what happened last time, he decided against it, "If it is my blood you want, take it and leave already." The old man offered. His sharp eyes not leaving Ocean's body for once as he tried to understand what the vampire was up to.

"I would have loved to do that, but unfortunately, I can't."

The man's eyes squinted, "Why? Too old for you?"

Ocean threw the man a side glance with a smirk, "Yes, one of the reasons."

The man cocked one of his brows, "You little punk." 

Ocean chuckled lightly, "Oh, please, don't be offended. You are not my type."

"Whatever. What are the other reasons?"

"I am not a fan of wizards' blood, thank you very much."

"Wizards....." The man's eyes slightly widened, "How did you know?"

"I see anything I want to."

"What are you?"

"Um, I thought we already agreed on the fact that I am a vampire?"

"I don't know, did we? I can feel a dark energy in you. A very dark one."

It was Ocean's turn to raise a brow, "All vampires are dark."

"Yes. But this is a different kind of dark. It is almost like a witch's own but still different."

"How so?"

"I don't know. I have never seen anything like it before. Have you had any connection to a witch?"

"Hmm, let me search my memory." Ocean turned to face the man, "When you say connection, do you mean sexual intercourse? If yes, then from what I remember, I have been with two or three witches about four or five centuries ago. The sex wasn't that great as one of them almost staked me when I was so close to climax—"

"That's enough, young man. I didn't ask about your sex life, nor am I interested in hearing the details."

"Oh, c'mon, old man, don't be shy. I can give you details if you want."

The man's mouth set into a thin line, "Young man, where are your manners?"

"My manners? What is that?"

Not knowing what to say or do, the old man shook his head with a sigh, "And wizards? Have you come across any?"

"Yes, a few of them, but we didn't have any sexual intercourse if that's what you are asking—"

"You mannerless little brat."

Ocean couldn't help but laugh, "Fine, I will keep the rest to myself."

"Good!" After a few minutes of silence, the man began speaking again, "Bedding a witch or a wizard is not enough to transfer such energy. I know a lot of vampires who had tried to steal energy from my kind, but most of them died. The ones who survived were the strong ones, but the energy was little in them. It wasn't as strong as the one in you." The man finally stood from the floor, his legs wobbling a little bit due to his age. When it seemed as though the man would tumble over, Ocean rushed to help steady the old man, who only glared at him with his mouth set into a thin line. "My legs might be shaky right now, but believe me when I say I am as strong as ten men."

"I believe you. You are young enough to use a walking stick, so where is it?" 

"Nonsense, I don't need one." 

"Ah, I see. Not young enough to make one. Be right back. Sit still." Without waiting for the man's reply, Ocean teleported himself out of the cave. 

Seeing he was alone in the cave, a deep frown settled on the man's face as his eyes turned darker, "Is he the one? No way, it was just a rumour. I can't believe I am thinking about this now."

"What are you thinking about?" The man jumped a little in his seat upon seeing Ocean. 

"Young man, you startled me!" 

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to." Ocean grinned from ear to ear, making it obvious that he was happy with the outcome of his sudden appearance. "Here," He handed a stick over to the man.

The man eyed the stick, "Why is it so long?"

"It is not so long. It will help your strong legs move faster."

The man contemplated if he should hit the young man with the stick to teach him a lesson but thought better of it, "If you say so."

"Yes, I do. So, where were we?"

"We were talking about how should be on your way back to anywhere it is you came from.

"Of course,  I will be on my way if you answer a few questions of mine."

"Why do you hate my kind?"

"It is a long story."

"Great. Why don't we begin now?"

"It happened seven hundred years ago...." 

Hello Lovelies,

Yup, another chapter!

I hope you enjoyed it!