TAKEN

Desmond held a soft smile on his face as Mrs Alice attended to Sophia who seemed to regain her strength every parting minute.

"Are you sure you don't feel any pain here?" asked Mrs Alice as she examined her neck that had a bluish mark on it.

"No I don't feel any pain there, thanks" Sophia managed to smile as much as her dry lips could allow.

"Okay in that case I will be on my way as I have other patients to attend to. It was nice meeting you Sophia and..." she turned towards Desmond with a kind smile

"Desmond" Desmond gave a curt nod and walked towards the bed to sit beside his sister

"See you tomorrow" With those parting words Mrs Alice carried her bag and left the apartment but not before saying bye to Stone who was looking for what to eat in the kitchen.

Inside the room, Desmond looked at his sister with a soft smile dancing on his lips

"where is he?" Sophia asked as she eyes the door

"who?"

"Ocean" Desmond looked at her and hissed

"Sophia he is taken"

"sorry?" she asked as her brows furrowed

"I said he is taken?"

"I didn't see any ring on his finger, he didn't show any sign of someone who is taken"

"Sophia that guy is madly in love with the beautiful neighbour across, I will advise you get rid of your silly crush"

"it is not a silly crush. The guy makes me feel things. He literally has all the qualities I want in a man. He is painfully handsome, smart, tall, respectful, caring....just name it. Did you see the way he was looking at me earlier? Did you just say the lady is beautiful? is she more beautiful than I am?" Desmond was thrown off guard by the question, but he is fast to recover.

"She is beautiful but not more than my magnificent sister"

"Good. You of all people should know that I get what I want no matter what it takes" Desmond shook his head at her

"I guess you were too smitten not to notice that Ocean is not an ordinary man. Simply put, he is dangerous. Just don't get on his bad side and get us kicked out of his side, besides we owe him big time."

"Remember you promised to get me settled with the man of my dreams"

"Yes I did promise you that, but it seems you have the wrong man." Sophia looked at him and internally groaned at how he is against her going after the man of her dreams.

"I want to rest now" Sophia slowly slid under the blanket

"We share the same room baby....are you angry at me?"

"...."

"You know I only want the best for you right?"

"....Yes I know. You should get some rest too" She flashed him a small smile and started accepting the fact that she is alone with her feelings for Ocean.

Ocean sat on a chair with an apple in one hand and a tablet on the other hand.

"Rex Smith.....he is not even that rich" Ocean let out a small scoff as he bit into the red apple with sharp fangs. He scrolled through the tablet and stopped to take a closer look at the picture of a shirtless Rex.

"Nice abs" With that, he tossed the tablet into the air where it vanished before it could hit the floor. He took one last bite of the apple in his hand before leaning his back against the chair, and stared at nothing in particular. As he was lost in his thoughts, he felt a sudden jolt in his body and his eyes immediately turned red, his claws and fangs ready to devour whoever came close. Despite the feeling that stirred in his body, he didn't give in to the sudden force that is seeking to take control of him, which will only end up in disaster.

In another world, in a place built in form of a palace, but can't be called a palace, an old man sat on the floor with his long dark hair sprawled out all over his face that no one was able to get a peak of what his face looked like coupled with the dark smoke that gathered him as if keeping people away from him.

On the other side of the large room, a man dressed in a heavy royal apparel sat on beautifully sculpted golden chair with a stern look on his face that didn't fall short of a man's beauty and beside him was his alluring wife who was dressed like a queen with a smaller crown on her head compared to the one of her husband. Her chest heaved up and down in anticipation of the news the smelling old man in front of them was about to deliver. The lady's light red eyes shone with irritation and worry as she couldn't take any more suspense. To her, it was as if the man in front of them enjoyed keeping them waiting.

"Did you find anything?" The man dressed as a king finally spoke as his voice was mixed with anger and curiosity. On the other hand, the woman smiled that her husband finally asked the question she was hardly holding on to

"Yes" Came the weird man's voice that sounded louder than it should

"And?" The man asked impatiently but the weird man didn't give his answer immediately to satisfy their curiosity as was trying to make sure he was getting the right message.

"He is alive" The man announced and then continued

"This is where he is..." The man pointed at a random direction on the black leaf in front of him, but others didn't see it.

"He is alive and the one you seek I am afraid is stronger than-"

"Now that is enough wise one....You know I am a man of my words and as the king-"

"Let me help remind you that you made yourself the king without going through the dual process"

"I would advise you to carefully pick your words, I don't need to remind you what I am capable of"

" Baxton if anything happens to me, we both know you can't get to the one you seek to find" A loud laughter followed immediately after the man's words as he knew he is very important to the man and his wife

"Are you threatening the king?" the lady asked furiously

"Threat? No....Milady" The sarcastic tone he used in calling her Milady didn't go unnoticed

"Rose calm down" The man caressed her hand as a way of soothing her anger which didn't help at all, but she pretended to be calm

"Are you going to help me or not wise one?" The man sitting on the floor thought for a while before exhaling deeply

"I will help you find him but at your own risk. Don't say I didn't warn you Baxton. You know where to find me." with that, the man packed up the leaves and small stones he had scattered on the floor earlier while he was trying to invoke the spirit of the young man he was asked to trace and know if he is alive. After packing, he slowly walked out of the building while receiving dirty looks from the so-called guards.

After the man left, Rose turned to the guards with a knowing look in her eyes and they all dispersed. Making sure no one was in sight she turned to her husband

"Baxton are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes why do you ask? are you scared I will hurt your ex-lover?"

" What? No! I am just scared"

"I won't be able to live my forever peacefully knowing that he is somewhere breathing. I want to be the reason behind his last breath in this world."

"You know I was with him.....He is a strong man"

"if he is so strong why are you here with me?" Baxton barked at her as his nose flared. He was tired of every one warning him against someone he knows he is stronger than

"I am here because I love you"

"Good. That settles it then. Besides, I have what will bring him to his knees in a matter of seconds" Rose's eyebrows knitted together as she wasn't aware of her husband's extra activities.

"What might that be?"

"You can check it out in the dungeon"

"Dungeon?"

"Yes. Now if you don't mind, I have an appointment to catch" He took her long slender hands and placed a tender kiss on them before leaning in to peck her plump delicious lips.

"Just be careful.....Ocean is not all he presents himself to be" Baxton's face held a cocky smirk

"That's what he makes everyone believe"