DISCOVERY 2

WARNING: LONGER THAN USUAL

"wait...does she even know you are the owner of the company?"

The rest of the day went by without any more drama. After Ocean made sure Moon was home safely he left for the forest. On reaching the place he had left the unconscious wolf earlier he didn't see it there again making a scowl settle on his face. His sensitive smell organ picked the faint smell of blood in the air and he immediately followed it in fast and quiet footsteps. His eyes scanned the forest every now and then looking for nothing in particular.

A tall young man in tattered clothes had the black wolf on his shoulder as he desperately walked towards a particular direction. He continued walking forward, not noticing the dark figure behind him. All the young man could hear was his heart pounding heavily against his chest. The weight of the wolf kept slowing him down but never stopping his movement as all he could do at that point was to readjust the position of the wounded wolf on his shoulder. He is having a battle with time that he doesn't have on his side. He looked up at the dark sky and hissed while using his other free hand to clean the beads of sweat that had coated his forehead.

"Just hang on there for me, I am almost there" The Young man muttered under his breath

Ocean who has been diligently following the smell of blood slowed down when he saw the black shadowy figure in front of him but that wasn't what really caught his full attention. The young man carrying the missing wolf on his shoulder is what caught his attention. Using his ability, he saw the young man's true form and a frown settled on his face.

"No wonder....It can't be what I am thinking right?" He said in his head as he continues watching the two in front of him. In as much as he would love to stop the young man and take the wolf from him, he still wanted to know the reason behind those determined footsteps. Anybody watching the young man carrying the wolf can tell he was tired and out of breath but he refused to give into his weak body.

The young man finally stopped in front of a small structure made with tree branches and leaves as the roof for protection against rain. The structure looked as if it would fly away if heavy rain or wind should come its way. Without wasting much time, the young man dropped the wolf on the floor and rushed to gather the pieces of wood he had reserved for the night. After putting the woods together, he raised his index finger to wave around it but nothing happened making a deep frown settle on his face. He let out a heavy breath before giving it a second try and it worked instantly. On seeing the well lit fire he didn't wait for the next second to pass him by as he ran inside the little tree hut he made out of desperation.

Ocean took that as an opportunity to step closer to the wolf just to be sure the wolf is still alive but he was hit with a strong foul smell coming from the tree hut. He decided to take a very short peep and his eyes narrowed at what he saw but he still decided to mind his business. He went back to the dying wolf on the ground and patted his head gently. He stood and started plucking random leaves in the forest to commence the wolf's treatment while waiting for the abductor to come out as pretended not to notice the black creature lurking behind a large tree.

Inside the hut, the young man caressed an unconscious girl's cheeks. Her once light skin has lost its beauty as it is now peeling uncontrollably while covered in red poxes threatening to blow up if not treated with care. His eyes went to her once pink lips that had now turned black cracked like a dry leaf. He could hardly recognise his once beautiful sister. Her smile and laughter he has grown to love more than life itself was nowhere to be found as it has been replaced with painful groans. The more she stayed motionless the more his heart broke because the chance of her surviving was as thin as a thread and little to nothing can be done to save her. He used his dirty shirt to wipe the warm tears off his eyes before he picked the dagger off the floor to do what he hoped would buy him more time to save his sister but he was shocked to see a a stranger sitting beside the wolf he is about to drain the blood.