GETTING HELP FROM A WITCH 1

One thing Ocean hated was the feeling of not being in control and not having a plan, but that seemed to be his life pattern as he desperately wanted to know how Moon was doing. He was on the verge of losing all the control he had mastered for many years.

He couldn't describe how he was feeling. Was it frustration? Confusion? Anger? Confusion? He couldn't tell, but he knew he was feeling a lot of things. It had been seven days already, and he hadn't brought back his lover and unborn child to his side. He couldn't describe the things he would love to do to his little brother for pulling such a stunt with him. All he knew was that he would torture Braxton for years till he begged death to take him away from the surface of the earth. The past week had been like playing a game of hide and seek, and his brother was sure good at it as Ocean had searched all places he knew in both his world and the human world.

It was already midnight, and others had gone back to their tents to rest after a long and tiring day of searching every hook and cranny of the little village they had settled in but he continued to wander in the forest that the moon only served as a means of light, and if he got lucky, he might see something to feed on, be it an animal or human.

No sound was heard as he walked, even when he stepped on broken tree branches and dried leaves on the ground. His strides were fast and sharp as his eyes scanned the forest for anything suspicious. As he walked deeper into the forest everywhere became eerily quiet. No cricket, birds or night flies were sighted. After a while of endless walking, he decided to go back to where others were, but that was when his eyes caught sight of the cave beside a usually big tree. If one didn't look carefully, you might think the cave was part of the tree.

He was torn between checking what was inside the cave and going back to the little village where they were camping. After a few seconds of thinking, his curious side won the battle as he walked towards the structure. When he reached the cave, he noticed it was protected with bamboo sticks as a door. He contemplated if he should knock or just go inside.

Deciding to respect to whatever was inside there, he knocked on the bamboo door and waited for a response, but when none came, he pushed the door to the side and stepped inside the cave. The view that presented itself to him had him raising a questioning brow as he wondered if he had stepped into the wrong cave instead of the one he saw outside. The one he was inside was very much bigger than what it appeared to be from the outside. It had a hallway that led to only god knew where. With heightened curiosity, he followed the hallway to see what was inside. He was ready for more surprises.

Reaching the end of the hallway, he took a left turn and came face to face with what he would describe as a total mess. If he didn't know better, he would have called the place a witch's coven because of the things he saw.

His eyes took in the different sizes of bottles filled with different colours of liquid that were messily laid out on a large table that also contained other things like chalks, cowries, and what looked like a freshly cut human head. He allowed his eyes to trail from the table to the wall that had different carvings on it. The carvings looked old but not old enough for one not to make out the strokes of the writing. He could make out a few words like moon, sun, west and many others, but he paid no attention to it as his eyes finally looked up to see many skulls hanging from the roof of the cave. His hand reached out to touch one of the skulls, and he noticed they also had writings on them.

To his right, a pot he didn't notice to be there suddenly caught fire. The flames went up so high that for a moment, he thought it was going to burn the cave down, but as soon as he took his first step the fire disappeared, leaving a thick cloud of smoke that covered the room in its wake, making it hard for him to see properly. Sensing something was not right, he brought out his handkerchief from his back pocket and covered his nose, but it was a bit too late as he had already inhaled a little of the smoke into his lungs that had him going into a fit of cough.