HALF HUMAN 6✍

Present time:

PRESENT TIME:

Desmond, Sophia and Stone were clustered on one sofa as they stared at Sparrow, who was slurping his sixth cup of tea.

"Haaaa. I feel refreshed." Sparrow smiled brightly at them as he crossed one leg over the other on the sofa, adjusting his parked beard.

"You said just one cup, but that is your sixth cup already." Desmond almost glared at the annoying man, not minding the fact that he might be Ocean's father. They needed answers.

"Is it?" Sparrow feigned surprise, eliciting an eye roll from Sophia and a scoff from Desmond while Stone was still busy gawking at the man. He couldn't believe that he had finally met the man Ocean highly adored.

Sparrow audibly gulped the last tea remaining in the cup and then turned it upside down on the saucer before leaning forward to keep it on the table.

"Okay, kids. You can ask your questions–One after the other." He added the last part when the three of them opened their mouth.

"What are you doing here?" Stone blurted.

"Well, what can I say? A particular someone has been sending letters to the wrong address. Here..." Sparrow fished out a bundle of familiar envelopes from the pocket of his garment.

"Those were supposed to go to Ocean!" Stone whisper-yelled as he eyes the numerous letters he had written to his brother, telling him about Moon's condition. "How did you get those?"

"How did I get these? Hmm, a short story. One precious evening, I was sipping my green tea when my new clumsy owl, Elvis, almost dropped an envelope in my cup of tea. After reading the letter, I knew it wasn't for me, and my Ocean didn't have such awful handwriting. It had taken me a lot of eye training to read the words–" Stone's snort interrupted him, but he paid him no attention as he continued.

"In summary, you gave it to the wrong bird, which happens to belong to me. You should be careful next time. What if these letters had fallen into the wrong hands? One thing you should know about Ocean is that he has one too many enemies. Imagine what one of those crazed fellows could have done if they had laid hands on this letter or worse, read it ....though I doubt the second part would have been impossible." Stone frowned or more like pouted at the man as Desmond gave him the 'I told you so.' look.

"My brother understands my writing." Stone tried to save himself from the stares, which they ignored.

"I guess that explains why Ocean isn't breaking the door yet, huh?" Sophia piped in as she nodded, pretending to be deep in thought.

"How is the baby?" Stone asked and noticed as others tensed as well. He held his breath, not knowing what to expect. If she was pregnant and the baby was still, that would be a miracle, considering what Moon had been through.

Sparrow stared at the three of them right in the eyes with a gloomy expression on his face, and that was enough to tell them what they wanted to know, but not until a small smile tugged at the corners of his lips. "The baby is still there but weak. Poor thing was barely hanging on, but I am glad he is still alive. He is a fighter like his parents." He announced and watched as they all let out a sigh of relief

"He? How do you know that it is a HE?" Sophia asked with a frown. For a reason, she wanted the baby to be a girl.

"You can call it a Grandfather's intuition," Sparrow answered with a smirk, eliciting an eye roll from Sophia.

"So what happens to the baby now that the mother is frozen?"

"I froze the baby as well." They stared at him in silence, trying to process the information.