AWAKE

"She is awake!" came Desmond's nervous voice as he dashed across the street to where they were standing. Ocean looked at him with his mouth set into a thin line.

"Can't you see I am in the middle of something important?" Ocean gritted his teeth

"what could that be?- I don't care, come take a look at her?"

"I will join you soon, go back inside and look after her."

"With the way you are standing and holding this gorgeous lady, I am sure your legs are glued to the ground" Moon's eyes widened as she realized they were still standing intimately. She immediately detached herself from Ocean's body making him frown.

"Hi there" Desmond's eyes stayed glued on Moon as he stretched out his hand for a hand shake, but Ocean is fast to grab the hand.

"Hi yourself. Now let's go look at your conscious sister, shall we?" Ocean suggested as his jaws ticked like a time bomb making Desmond smile internally. Well Stone was right, he thought to himself

"I don't know any more" came Desmond's low voice as his eyes remained glued on Moon

"What do you mean you don't know any more?" Ocean asked as he glared at him

"What's the name please?" Desmond asked with a charming smile, and just at that particular moment Ocean regretted saving him. Just as Moon opened her mouth to reply, Ocean interjected,

"She is late for work, right honey?" Before Moon could reply Ocean immediately led her to the car and opened the door for her to enter.

"What are you doing?" Came Desmond's amused voice. Ocean didn't say anything as he shut the car door. He stretched the upper half of his body into the car and started the engine before retracting in order to look at her

"Be safe okay? See you soon" he went closer to her face, and for a moment she thought he was going to kiss her, but he just smiled and detached his body from the car.

"Bye beautiful" Desmond made an attempt to move closer to the car, but was blocked by Ocean

"She can hear you from here." Moon looked at Desmond and waved a little in response before driving away from the neighbourhood, wondering what the whole drama was all about.

"Now let's go see your sister"

"I lied, she is not awake"

"I figured that out but she will be awake in the next five minutes" with that, ocean crossed over to his apartment with Desmond beside him.

"How did you know she will be awake in the next five minutes?"

"I just know"

"What if she doesn't?" Ocean didn't say anything as he quietly walked straight into the room the girl and her brother were staying

"Where is stone?"

"Guess he is still sleeping" Desmond shrugged as he focused his attention on his sister

"No I am not" Stone walked into the room with his hair sticking out in every direction. He walked towards Ocean and sat on the floor

"How is she doing?" Stone asked with his eyes half closed. Ocean picked the girl's hand to feel her pulse

"She's doing better"

"Good, can I go back to bed now?"

"No you can't. Go take a shower because you will be the one taking them to the hospital, I have an appointment to meet up with"

"Why me?"

"Because you are the only person who knows the hospital"

"Yea true but..." Ocean glared at Stone, and he swallowed the rest of his words.

"But?" Ocean asked in a threatening tone

"Nothing"

"Hey! she is moving!" Desmond whisper yelled as he watched his sister's hand jerk a little bit followed by a small groan. Ocean grabbed the girl's other hand and rubbed gently.

"open your eyes can you?" Ocean said in a gentle voice as his eyes remained glued on the girl's face. Slowly, the girl struggled to open her eyes that felt a bit heavy, but she did it

"Sophia!" Desmond leaned towards the girl's face to look into her once dazzling blue eyes he would kill for

"Des..." The girl tried to call out, but the dryness she felt in her throat made her words get lost in the air.

"Get some water for her" Ocean directed at Stone who immediately left the room to fetch a cup of water.

"Sophia I can't believe you are really awake" Desmond tightened his grip on her hand, but not in a way it will hurt her.

Stone entered the room with a full glass of water and handed it over to Ocean who helped the girl sit up while Desmond fixed two pillows behind her to help hold her up.

"Here have this...." Ocean slowly fed her the cup of water till it was totally empty.

"do you want more?" The girl slowly nodded and Stone was fast to get another cup of water for her.

"Do you feel better? do you feel any pain anywhere?" Ocean asked as his eyes glanced at her body. The girl gently cleared her throat that felt dry partly because of her condition, and then partly because she was not expecting to see such a beautiful man on her first day of recovery.

"Apart from the pain I feel in my lower back and my abdomen I think I will fine thanks" The girl's gentle voice blessed everyone's ears

"Are you sure those are the only places you feel pain?"

"yes thanks" In order not to make eye contact with Ocean, she locked her gaze with her brother who leaned in to kiss her forehead.

"I see" Ocean looked at her again and nodded before turning towards Stone

"When you people get to the hospital make sure to have Mrs Alice look after them, and also, make sure no one comes close to them till I get there okay?" Stone nodded

"hospital?" the girl thought out loud in a low whisper, gaining everybody's attention

"Yes a hospital you know, like a clinic" Ocean replied

"You want to take us to a clinic?"

"Yes. I will have professionals look after you people there."

"I do not want to go to a clinic" Came the girl's weak pleading voice

"why? are you scared?" the girl immediately nodded even though she was everything but scared. On the other hand Ocean didn't think anything of it as it was their first time out in another world.

"You want to stay here?" the girl nodded and held his strong gaze only for a few seconds

"I promise we won't cause any troubles"

"okay I will leave my brother here with you people in case you people will need anything while I go contact someone to look into your case"

"I thought you were the doctor" Ocean flashed her a small smile that made her recovering heart almost collapse. Desmond internally eyed his sister, and made a mental note of telling her he is taken by the beautiful neighbour across.

"Yes I am your doctor, but right now I have other important issues to attend to. If you are strong enough you can go take a shower and change into a new dress while your brother will make you something to eat okay?" she slowly nodded in response. Ocean jerked his head in acknowledgment before walking out of the room with Stone trailing behind him.

"Are these important issues related to Moon?" Stone whispered closely behind him and he nodded as they both walked into his room.

"What are you planning?"

"Nothing much other than giving them a taste of their own medicine."