REUNION 2

For it to be activated.....
***************************************

"She must have seen something." Stated Sparrow.

"What is happening?" Asked Sophia confusedly. "Why are we not stopping her from going deeper into the forest?"

"Is she possessed?" Desmond whispered to Stone, who pretended not to have heard him.

"We are not stopping her because she is leading us to something or somewhere."

"What is she?" Asked Stone in utter curiosity.

"Lydia has a rare ability where she can see things. She inherited the gift from her late mother." Explained Marcus without taking his eyes off Lydia.

"She is a seer?" Desmond asked, fascinated by the information shared.

"Something like that."

Stone's brows twitched, "What kind of things can she see?"

"It depends. She can see things that have happened in the past and things that will happen in the future, and also, where these things will take place and have taken place."

"Fantastic," Desmond chimed happily.

"That's well....wonderful." Echoed Sophia in surprise.

Something flashed in Stone's eyes. "That's is indeed a rare one. Was that why you guys were always asking her things like, 'Is it back?' 'Did you see anything?' 'Anything yet?'..."

Marcus nodded, "We were trying to use her help, but unfortunately the ability had become temporarily dormant."

"What could have caused it?" Stone continued to question while they followed Lydia.

"She stopped using her ability for some time, I guess."

"Not using your ability for some time can make it dormant?"

"In some cases. Some abilities require constant use if not, it will desert you."

"I see." Stone chimed.

"Stop," Sparrow commanded, causing the little group to halt in their steps as his eyes narrowed infinitesimally.

"Why are we— Oh," Came Sophia's surprised voice, "Is that a human being on the ground."

"I hope not, that's too much blood," replied Marcus as they all stepped closer to the figure on the ground only to have their mouths hanging open in surprise.

"Sophia rubbed her temple as she eyed the unconscious figure on the ground. "Should we clean the blood before he gets here?"

Lydia, who was yet to understand what was happening, shook her head, "I don't think that is advisable. Let's leave her like this until he gets here."

Sophia also shook her head, "Ocean might go crazy if he finds her like this. I think we should clean her up. Sir, what do you think?"

Sparrow, who had been listening to ladies bicker, patted his beard calmly, similar to his calm composure. The women couldn't tell if he was surprised, mad, or as confused as they were.

"She is in a bad state. I think you ladies should clean her up before Ocean gets here."

"I think she was tortured." Lydia visibly shuddered as her eyes scanned the deep wounds.

Sophia's eyes glimmered, "Is the baby still in there?"

"I don't hear anything." Lydia looked at her father, hoping to get a different answer.
Sparrow's brows narrowed into a deep frown,

"Same here. It's so quiet."

"There is so much blood...."

Marcus cleared his throat, "Let's not be too fast to judge. Do you know that Vampire babies can hide their heartbeat? Vampire babies are not easily miscarried or aborted. It takes a great deal to get rid of them. From what I read some time ago, vampire babies have a tendency to protect themselves when they feel threatened, and one of the ways they do that is by hiding their heartbeat from threat. And this is a fact that not everyone knows."

"Are you saying there is a chance that the baby is still there?" Lydia looked at Marcus with hopeful eyes.

"Yes, love. But that is until it feels comfortable to do so."

"You sure do read a lot." Came Sophia's reply as she eyed the body on the floor.

Ocean's belly did a double flip as they neared a small hut made of bamboo sticks. His energy tripled as he felt the strong pull towards it before he began sprinting, leaving Desmond and Stone behind. Running at a snail's pace was definitely not going to give him the answer.

When Sparrow and Marcus stepped outside to allow the women to do their work, he almost crashed into a frantic-looking Ocean.

"Father,"

"You are here,"

"What is happening? Those two won't say a word to me."

"That is because I asked them not to." Sparrow's glanced at the two figures panting behind Ocean.

Ocean's brows knitted together as he touched his nose, "I smell blood. Did someone get hurt?"
He sniffed the air again, and his eyes widened, "The blood smells l familiar...."

"I am sure it does," Sparrow blocked him as he tried to enter the hut, "I will only allow you enter here if you promise to be reasonable."

Ocean's frown deepened, "I am always reasonable, father."

"Yes, I know. But in this case, I need you to promise me not to act on your emotions. Promise not to act on instinct."

Nodding furiously, Ocean said, "I promise to be reasonable. There you have, can I go in now?"

"Sure. Remember what you promised." Sparrow reluctantly stepped aside for Ocean to pass. He held his breath and waited outside for the chaos to start, but everywhere was eerily quiet as Lydia and Sophia stepped out of the hut.

"How's he?"

"He is fuming." Lydia shook her head in panic,

"Father, this isn't good. He will turn if something isn't done."

Hello lovelies!🙂

Please bear with me. My laptop, which I usually write with, is bad. I haven't been able to fix it yet, but I will do that soon.

It's pretty hard to write with my phone especially when it keeps hanging like a damn fool!¡!¡

I also look forward to changing it this year!😅