CHAOS 1

He exhaled, looking even more worried, "We have, which is why you are pregnant with my child."

***†***†***†***†***†***†***†****†***†***†

Moon would have loved to laugh and declare what he just said to be the funniest joke she had ever heard, but the look in his eyes made her think better of it. "I won't ask you this again. What have you been taking?"

"I haven't been taking anything." 

"You are saying that I am pregnant? How? Did you impregnate me through kissing, or is it also a vampire thing? Do you people get pregnant through kissing?"

"No, we did have sex. I.... I freaked out and looked for an excuse to run, but unfortunately, things didn't work out as planned. I am sorry you are going through-"

"I don't believe you. Do you know why?"

"Why?"

"Because I have always imagined what it would feel like the day we finally become one body. I have always daydreamed about the day I would finally feel your body against mine as we move in an untamed melody. I have always anticipated it all these months, and now what? You are telling me that I am pregnant. When, where and how did that even happen? I don't remember a thing. You can't be that bad in bed. Trust me, If we ever had sex, and I mean ever, I would never forget it. Besides, first times are hard to forget."

Ocean felt happy that he wasn't the only one going crazy, and at the same time, he also felt guilty. He had robbed her of something so precious, something she had always looked forward to.

"You don't remember it because..." He forcefully swallowed the bile that threatened to choke him as he was about to drop the next bomb on her.

"Because what? It never happened?" She looked at him with hopeful eyes, praying he would say yes that it never happened.

"Because I wiped your memory....."

The pregnant silence that followed was one to never forget, as they both stared at each other with unreadable expressions. He could hear the wheels spinning in her head but couldn't make out a word.

She nodded in denial, "Once again, I don't believe you. You are lying."

"I swear on Stone's life, I am telling the truth. Messing with people's memory is one of the perks of being a vampire."

Moon was dumbfounded. If she didn't know better, she would have called it bluffing, but knowing how much he cared about Stone and with that serious look on his face, she knew he was telling the truth, which even hurt her more.

"Perks? Do you call robbing people of their precious memories, perks? How could you?"

"I am-"

"Sorry? Of course, you are! But will it make me feel better? Will it change the fact that you have robbed me of something so important?"

"It wasn't intentional, I wasn't thinking straight."

"There we go again! It's always about what you think and feel!"

"I -"

"No, let me finish. Have you ever put yourself in my shoes to know how I would feel? Right from the beginning, you have done nothing but fool and use me for your selfish interest. You never for once thought about the consequences...about what I want. You didn't give me a chance to decide or choose what I wanted, and now what. You want me to jump into your arms and pretend like all is well?"

"Please, for the sake of my child–"

She shook her head furiously, shutting him up, "This is what I am talking about. It's always about you and will always be. I mean, are you not understanding what I am saying? I don't want this...."