OPENING UP 1

"Do you want to take a walk?" she nodded and tried to gather her thoughts.

"let's fix you first" Ocean glared at everyone that was standing and watching, daring them to say a word, but nobody did as they all carried on with what they were doing earlier. 

He walked towards her and held her shoulders to slowly turn her to face him. In as much as she didn't know what he wanted to do, she complied without arguing as her mind was fuzzy. Before she could even open her mouth and ask anything she felt her hair pour down her face.

After gently removing the band holding her now scattered ponytail, he bent a little to take a sniff of her sweet scented hair, after which he carefully used his fingers to brush her hair back into its normal state before packing it into a neat ponytail again.

"is it too tight?" She shook her head in response and he nodded to himself

"This looks better" He turned her around again and frowned as his eyes fell on the red finger marks on her delicate cheek

"Lets go" Without asking for her approval, he held her smaller hand in his and led the way out of the building.

The frown on his face remained there as they walked hand in hand down the buzzing streets. People gave them looks as they walked by, wondering what must have brought the couple out on the street in the afternoon. Ocean walked slowly compared to how he normally walks, he didn't want to stress his neighbour in meeting up with his usual long strides.

Though it looked as if he was looking ahead, his eyes kept looking at her, gauging her expression that turned from frustration to sad and then to worried. He watched how she walked absentmindedly not knowing that she almost ran into a street pole by the side of the road.

Ocean guided them to a quiet place surrounded by water and long trees. He led her to the chair he made himself several years ago when he first found this place in his quest to find peace. He had constructed the chair a few feet away from the lake.

Memories of how he would come to the forest to take a run and hunt for animals came flooding in, but he pushed it aside and focused on the matter at hand.

He watched how Moon sat quietly for a few seconds before the tears she has held all these while started rolling down her cheeks like a waterfall. He straddled the chair so as to face her completely before he gently placed her head on his chest, allowing his shirt to absorb the tears that rolled down her face while her body shook endlessly.

"shhh....it's gonna be alright" He tried to soothe her pain, but it only made the girl cry more.

"I..I didn't mean for it to happen.....it was unintentional" she tried to explain in between her fit of sobs

"I believe you" he patted her head that lay on his chest

"But they don't..."

"it doesn't matter" he said in a matter of fact tone that once again, made her cry more. He decided to keep quiet as it seems his supposed to be 'soothing words' made her even more emotional.

They sat and enjoyed the comfortable quietness the surroundings offered. Ocean who kept patting her head gently, listened to the way her heart beat turned normal again, and her sobbing gradually died down, but she didn't make any effort to remove her head from his chest, well, not like he didn't enjoy the closeness they were sharing.

Moon on the other hand, tried to gather her thoughts back together while enjoying the comfort her neighbour provided, it is not everyday someone offers you their well built chest to cry on.

"Are you okay now?" she felt his chest vibrate as he spoke before nodding in response to his question. After some minutes, she finally removed her head from his chest to look at him

"Thank you" she said softly and he nodded before slowly removing the wet eye patch to wipe the tears that stained her face

"Are you sure you feel better now or do you still want to cry a little more? I don't mind lending you the other shoulder since this other side is soaked" He smirked at the way she blushed with embarrassment.

"I am fine, thank you" came her tired voice

"just joking" without warning his palm caressed her cheek where the finger marks were still visible

"Does it hurt?" he asked in a gentle voice, and she smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes

"Not as much as before."

"Do you want to talk about it?" He gauged her expression that didn't change as it still held that sad smile. He expected her to shout at him or get angry, but none of those happened as she softly nodded her head. He continued,

"Are you sure about it?" he eyed her suspiciously

" The chances of us surviving are slim, so why not? I will tell you"

"why do you say so?"

"either we die by the hands of my father or by the hands of Rex, one must go"

"umm....okay, since we are both going to die, why don't you let out your bottled feelings" He decided to play along

"what do you want to know?" The question had him think for a little while

"Do you remember how you ended up in bed with Rex?" on hearing the question her brows furrowed

"To be sincere with you the whole thing is not clear in my memory, all I know is I went to the company's celebration party and the next morning, I was being aggressively awoken by Jane only to discover Rex and I were naked under the sheets early in the morning" Ocean looked at her and smiled

"Do you think you did it with him?"

"I seriously don't know"

"I have another question.....Did you share any relationship with Rex in the past or something related to that?" Ocean watched how she suddenly turned uncomfortable before nodding her head