HUNGER☑

"I swear, I will have to tie you up and get this over and done with. You are slowly driving me crazy, woman!"

"Why are you angry?" Ocean exhaled through his mouth before plastering a small smile, making the girl frown.

"I am not angry."

"Are you sure about that?"

Ocean nodded his head in confirmation before rubbing the stubble on his face. "You can hold on to my shoulder if the pain is too much, okay?"

"Okay, just remove it already. It hurts a lot."

"I would love to do that, but you are making it difficult." Ocean sighed as he looked at the girl that wouldn't stop shaking.

Moon hissed, "It is not my fault. I don't want to see the blood."

"See this?...." Ocean waved a small towel in front of her.

"I will press it on you once I remove it so you won't see the blood." Ocean's jaw clenched when his eyes landed on the blood dripping from her hand.

"Okay, please, be gentle." Ocean nodded and ran his itchy tongue under his aching fangs when she wasn't watching.

"Okay, I need you to close your eyes."

"Why should I close my eyes?"

"Because the more you look at the glass, the more frightened you are."

"Okay, I will close my eyes. Don't do anything funny."

Ocean's smile grew as he looked into her brown eyes. "Anything funny like what?"

She looked away from him and cleared her throat. "Like ki— Never mind."

Ocean let out a low chuckle, his eyes not leaving her flushed face. "Get your head out of the gutter."

Moon hissed at him, "Mr neighbour, do you plan on removing the glass when I die of bleeding?"

"I won't let you die. If you die, I am dying with you. What about you?"

"What do you mean by 'what about me?' "

"If I am to die tomorrow, will you kill yourself to be with me in the other world?" Moon burst into a fit of laughter in front of him.

"Why would I kill myself if you die?" Ocean only smiled at her.

"Don't worry. I will make you love me so much that you won't be able to breathe without me."

"Not being able to breathe is death," Moon said in an amused tone as she looked at the man holding her hand.

"We shall see," Ocean grinned at her.

"WHATEVER," She closed her eyes as soon as Ocean took hold of her hand. As gently as possible, Ocean removed the piece of broken glass that was piercing her palm. He put his palm under hers to have her blood drip into it, and without thinking, he immediately licked the blood off his palm, causing a loud groan of pleasure to escape his throat.

"Mr neighbour, what is wrong?" Moon's brows furrowed on hearing the sound that emanated from Ocean.

"Nothing. I feel bad that you will have to endure such pain." Ocean cleared his throat and tried to control his breathing.

'What on earth is her blood made of?' Ocean asked himself as his eyes remained glued on the girl's face that held the look of dreadful anticipation, waiting for the pain that comes with her clumsiness. Little did she know that the man had already removed the piece of broken glass cup.

He could hear everything happening inside her body. From how her heart was beating very fast — due to fear — to the regular beating of her pulse. The scent and taste of her blood clouded his senses, and he fought the urge to dig his fangs into her neck.