EARLY MORNING 1

HEADS UP: This is really going to be a short chapter. Adjustment will be done later, thank you.

"You have a lovely family my love." Moon continued to stare at him until a smile danced on her lips

"Mr neighbour I bet you don't know what you have just done" Ocean looked at her confused

"What did I do?"

"You just roasted my cousin and that has never happened in the history of mankind. Like I have never witnessed such an occasion. Thanks for the help."

"Well what can I say? she got on my nerves"

"Remind me not to ever get on your nerves"

"I can make an exception for you"

"Oh my, you told me that yesterday when you promised to stay away and here you are, right in front of me" She waved at him for more emphasis making him smile.

"Are you by chance still angry at me?" He asked while staring deep into her dazzling brown eyes.

"What is that smell? The food is burning!" he rushed to the kitchen before she could close her mouth. While walking into the kitchen she pressed her palm on her mouth to suppress her laughter. She sat on the counter and watched him stir the food.

"Is it that bad?"

"No" He replied and then took a plate to dish their food "where do you want to eat?"

"why are you dishing just one plate?"

"I have lost my appetite" she frowned at his reply

"when did that happen? you were very cranky a few hours ago and now you have lost your appetite"

"such is life" He carefully placed the food in front of her and her eyes widened while her stomach loudly growled. "What are those in your tummy? dragons?" he teased and she laughed a little before taking the spoon from him

"thanks" She put the food in her mouth and the taste immediately filled her senses making her groan "this is so good. I might hire you as a chef if I get to eat a meal like this everyday" she joked while digging into the food

"Really? if the pay is good then I don't mind at all" Ocean's joy knew no bounds as he watched the girl gobble up the food "slow down if not you might end up puking"

"No way! Are you sure you don't want to eat now because I might end up eating everything"

"you know I wouldn't mind that. You want more?"

"yes please" Ocean took the plate to add more food "Thanks"

"if you love food this much, why don't you cook?" On hearing this, Moon's hand stopped half way to her mouth "Never mind" he smiled at her and in turn she glared at him before stuffing a spoon full of food into her mouth. He grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and opened it before handing it over to her

"Thanks" She collected the water and took a gulp. Ocean who has been standing beside her decided to sit on the stool across where he would be able to see her face. He watched how she stuffed her mouth with the food either to not have a conversation or the food is indeed delicious.

Noticing the stare from across, Moon decided to keep her head down and stuff her mouth with as much food as possible in order not to engage in any conversation with him as the last one didn't end well.

Just as the last food entered her mouth Ocean is quick to stand beside her

"Do you still want more?"

"No thank you. I am okay for now"

"Good. Have more water for easier digestion" he passed the bottle of water to her again

"okay" She complied. As soon as she placed the bottle of water on her lips he carried the plate to the basin to wash.

"Mr neighbour what are you doing?" she is quick to stand to her feet but before she could do anything he picked the kitchen towel to dry the washed plate "Seriously you didn't have to do that."

"Relax, it is no big deal as it is my pleasure taking care of you"

"Thanks a lot but can you not make it look as if I am incapable of doing things"

"I will keep that in mind next time" He removed the apron and neatly folded it.

"Next what?"

"Time." he flashed her a dazzling smile

"you don't-"

"I would love to spend more time with you but I have to say goodbye to a friend who is leaving the city tonight" more like running away, he thought to himself as he continued to smile at her

"Good." the news made her smile. He is finally leaving, she thought to herself and flashed him a wide grin making him laugh with his head thrown back

"you are too sweet" came his sarcastic comment before he picked an apple from the fruit basket on the counter.

"you should start going if not you might miss this your friend before he or she leaves" she eagerly suggested and he nodded.

"of course" he handed her the folded apron which she gladly took to hasten his movement. He walked to the door with her trailing behind. She stared at his back that towered above her, his strong and tall body hiding her from being seen, giving her a sense of protection.

"Don't miss me too much my sweet rabbit teeth neighbour" He stopped and turned to look at her as they reached the door

"I will try not to" once again her sarcastic reply didn't go unnoticed

"that's my girl" she frowned at him

"I am not your girl" we shall see, he said in his head and smiled at her.

"bye" he waved at her before stepping out of the apartment and walked across to his own apartment.