HALF HUMAN 5 ✍

Earlier:

************************************

Several dozens of zombies dragged themselves in every direction their rotten legs could carry them, gnawing their teeth at no one in particular as they chased people and invaded houses, leaving everything in ruins. Over the weeks, the zombies multiplied in number, gaining more followers by injecting their poisons into their prey.

Other night creatures took that as an opportunity to reveal themselves, adding to the existing chaos. Dead and disfigured bodies of humans, as well as unfortunate animals, were littered all over the streets of the once clean and beautiful city. The whole city was a mess as there wasn't a part without a touch of zombies and other creatures.

In a poorly lit alley, the sound of heels furiously clicking against the dirty tiled roads echoed so loudly that people miles away would hear it. The sound of footsteps continued to echo in the night until a tall figure clad in a white garment finally stepped out.

His long green hair, neatly parted in the middle, flowed graciously around his body and face, but not even a strand dared to cover his eyes. His waist-length green beard, held together by a beautiful golden ribbon, fluttered around his torso. A scar ran from his ear to his sharp nose. His deep green eyes were the same colour as his hair and beard.

His eyes scanned his surroundings as he took in the chaos. Though he had never been there before, he could tell that the place usually wasn't like that. The stench of bad blood and decaying bodies irritated his nose.

He was about to continue his journey when a loud growl from behind stopped him. He turned around to be met with a large, tall, and brown-haired beast. The man eyed the beast with a bored look, and when his eyes finally landed on the fresh blood that was dripping off its long claws, he sighed. If the man was human, he would have run for his dear life at the sight of the beast, but he just plastered an eerie grin that promised nothing good at all.

"Ha! A werewolf. It's been a while since I saw your kind. Trust me, I would have loved to stay and have a cup of tea with you, but I have more important things to do, so if you would excuse my honourable self." The man said in a sickly sweet voice that didn't match his sharp looks as he attempted to turn around and walk away, but the werewolf wasn't having it as it took dangerous steps towards the man who just squinted his eyes at it, his grin vanishing from his face.

"I hate repeating myself, young man. Stop this nonsense at once." The man's voice was no longer sweet but deep and biting. The werewolf growled as it bared its crooked fangs at the man, and in retaliation, the man let out a deep, angry, and earth-shaking growl that startled the beast as he took a few steps back. The man who was already angry bared his extremely long pearly white fangs that only promised painful death at the werewolf, daring it to take a step forward, but the beast ran away with its tail tucked in between his legs.

"That's what I thought." The man muttered under his breath before running his abnormally long tongue on his fangs that immediately cut through his tongue, causing it to bleed. Without wasting another second there, he teleported himself to another street. A smirk appeared on his face when he noticed the soft blue glow that covered the quiet street. It was as if the street wasn't part of the city because there were no zombies, werewolves, and dead bodies.

"Protection spell, huh? Smart boy." He muttered under his breath. When he reached the wall of blue light, he stopped and stared hard at it before walking through. He eyed the similar houses in the street and wondered which one was his destination when he noticed a particular apartment with a brighter blue glow surrounding it. "Double protection, huh? She must be pretty special." He chuckled and strode towards that particular house until he was in front of the house. He was about to knock when he heard muffled voices from the inside. He didn't need to know what they were saying to know something was wrong. They were panicking.