Chapter 3 : The Letter

Valerie grabbed the book, she noticed that it was the book Jack forbid her from reading, she recognised it by its unique cover,its colour was dark blue with a yellow symbol of the sun in the middle and golden stripes on its edges.

The envelope had a name on top of it
"Private" which made her question what's in it.

She decided to open the envelope to see what's inside it and there was a letter, a compass and a map.

"To my first student.

You must be very confused about this envelope.
There is a compass and a map inside it.
If you open the map, you can see it's not like any other map I have ever showed you.
This map has magical powers, it can show you any island or a place you want to go to and the compass will lead you to it while avoiding any danger in your way.
And for this book, it has every information to any island you plan to go to.
Use them wisely to get out of this trashy place and go on to your first adventure.

P.S there's a small boat behind the waterfall, you can use it to get out of here.

Your teacher, Jack."

Valerie sighed "I wish I could punch you right now" she said smiling slightly at the letter.
Valerie opened the map hoping to find the exit of this world.
There was a big island on the map and nothing around it except for the ocean.

What surprised her is the movement of its waves as if it was a real waves of the sea, at the top right of the map was an X mark under it the word exit.

Valerie knew what she has to do.
She started packing the stuff she could use in her journey and putting them in a wooden chest, then took a small bag and put in it the map, the compass and the book in it, then placed her sword on the left of her waist and her pistol on the right and went behind the waterfall to find the boat there.

It was a simple boat with a small mast in its middle and a sail attached to it.

She took the boat out to the ocean, placed her stuff on it and got on.
"Ok let's start sailing" she said while facing the big ocean infront of her and her back facing the cave where she used to live.

She took the compass and the map out of her bag.
The compass was unique, it had only one green arrow pointing at north where she knew she has to follow.

Valerie started following where the arrow pointed until she couldn't see the island, she opened the map and was surprised to see a small boat moving on it.
She knew it was her boat and was at the right road when she saw the X mark getting closer.

She took her eyes of the map to see a cliff infront of her.
Valerie panicked so she looked at the compass which was still pointing at where the cliff is.

"Well, there's nothing to lose anyway" Valerie said to herself clearly worried of what might happen to her.
The boat kept getting closer to the cliff and when she thought it will fall, she saw a bright light coming out of it's direction.

The boat arrived at the cliff but it didn't fall, it kept moving forward, when Valerie looked down the boat, there was nothing beneath it like it was floating.
She cling to the boat mast ready to go through the light and closed her eyes.

When she opened her eyes there was nothing around her boat as if she was in space.
It was pitch black with small lights in it.
She opened the compass and it's arrow didn't move an inch.
She kept moving in the same direction anticipating of what she will find at the other side.