chapter 17 : Festival

Seonghwa's team hit the port side of the village, checking the ships and how many soldiers are restricted in the island "we'll split and meet at the fish shop over here at 8" Seonghwa told them pointing at the shop next to them "Jongho, you go find the schedule of the port and know how many ships will be setting on the island for this week and what are they for" Seonghwa ordered him in a hush voice and he nodded "and Valerie" he looked at her "you go see if there is any ship that is hiding that we don't know about and find out what are they" he told her in hush voice and she nodded "I'll investigate inside the ships in this port, now go" he told them and they departed.

Seonghwa went after Valerie, spying on her to see what she is doing.

Valerie ran alongside the beach, trying to find anything that could hide a big ship, like a cave.

The thought of the cave made her slow down and stop at her place, she remembered the dream she had last night which made her frown in annoyance.

Why did it appear again. It's been years since she had it, what if something like that happens again but with the crew she is with now, she shook the idea out of her head and continued running.

Valerie climbed a cliff she ran into, she stood at it edge, looking at the area around it, there was no place to hide a ship except for the beach they stopped at, and they had a hard time finding it, so there is nothing for now, she reached her pocket watch, the time is out and she has to go back to their meeting point.

Valerie was the last to arrive, she stopped in front of the two men catching her breath "you're late" Seonghwa told her "I know, and I'm sorry" she apologized between her breaths "you were also late, don't blame her" Jongho told him, punching his shoulder "ouch, sorry, I won't do that again" Seonghwa apologized making Valerie chuckle "did you find anything?" Seonghwa asked her and she shook her head "there's no way a ship can hide on the beach other than where we left Treasure" she told him and he nodded "what about you?" He asked looking at Jongho, he grinned at him and pulled an envelope from his bag "I went to the naval base and got on the main ship searching it, and found this and made a copy" he handed it to Seonghwa "it has the number of the ships that will arrive this week, where, when and what they carry on it" he said proud of himself surprising them, Valerie had her mouth agape same as Seonghwa "Jongho, you are amazing" she said hugging him "it's nothing" he said blushing and trying to shove her "with this, you made our work easier" Seonghwa told him holding onto the envelope "let's go back to the hotel" he told them and Valerie let go of Jongho and they followed him.

The crew reunited in Hongjoong's room, Seonghwa's team was the last to arrive "you are late" Wooyoung told them folding his arms "we thought you ran into some trouble" Yunho told them "sorry, but when you know what Jongho found, you'll thank us" Seonghwa told them grinning confusing them "what did you find?" Mingi asked him "this" Seonghwa held the envelope and handed it to Hongjoong.

The crew except for the three at the door circled around Hongjoong, he opened it and what he found took him by surprise "is this real?" He asked Jongho "it is, the original one had a wax seal on it and it belonged to the navy" he assured him surprising the rest and confusing Valerie, she came close to him "how did you know it was a navy seal?" She asked him in whisper "I used to make them some ships before I became a pirate, and their requests always comes with the same seal shape" he told her.

She was surprised by the information he told her "with this, we can know the number of the soldiers that will be on the island at the last day of the festival" Yeosang told them "Jongho, you are our saviour" San said hugging him tightly and kissing him "stop with that" Jongho said trying to shove him off "and what did you guys found?" Seonghwa asked Yunho ignoring the two behind him "they have two storage buildings," he told him "one that has swords and it's at the north side of the city" Yeosang said "and the other for guns, gunpowder, bullets and cannonballs and it's at the West side" Wooyoung said sitting on Yunho's bed "what about Mingi and San?" Valerie asked sitting next to Wooyoung "well" Mingi stopped talking.