chapter 37: Departure

A shot was heard from the garden that reached the ballroom, the guests thought it was the start of the fireworks.

Neil had his eyes close shut when the ex-minister fired at him, he didn't feel any kind of pain, he opened his eyes slowly to find Hongjoong standing in front of him and holding his sword, he blocked the bullet with it.

Hongjoong turned his head towards Neil and smirked "didn't i tell you to stay beside me no matter what?" He told him, Neil felt relieved to see him.

Hongjoong turned his head to face the man in front of him, he stopped smiling, he started walking towards him, the ex-minister started firing at him, but Hongjoong stopped all the bullets until he reached him and put the end of the sword on his neck, the man tried to shoot but the gun was empty "you are out of bullets" Hongjoong said glaring at him.

The ex-minister smiled at him and looked into his eyes "I still have my army" he told him "how did you think I escaped?" He said.

They stood there for a moment waiting "you said you have an army?" Hongjoong asked smirking, the ex-minister looked confused "are they the ones surrounding the palace? If they are, my crew is taking care of them" he told him smiling widely.

Yeosang was shooting the soldiers from afar and Wooyoung was shooting with his guns while the rest were fighting with their swords "there are lots of them!!" San whined cutting one up "well, I'm having fun myself" Mingi said cutting one and stabbing the other "you don't need to be careful in these types of fights, and that's real fun" Valerie said smiling while cutting everyone standing in her way, Seonghwa and Jongho were keeping the soldiers away from Yeosang, and when one was about to cut him, Wooyoung shot his head "you know I could've taken care of him" Yeosang said glaring at him "I was expecting a thank you" Wooyoung sulked getting back to the battlefield, Yunho was watching the battle getting ready if anyone got hurt, he yawned from boredom.

The ex-minister was angry, he unsheathed his sword clicking it with Hongjoong's, Hongjoong got excited and advanced attacking him, the ex-minister blocked him trying to attack but all he could do is block "weren't you trying to kill me?" Hongjoong teased cutting his cheek, the ex-minister fell on his back from the shock, Hongjoong was about to stab him "wait!!" The ex-minister shouted "I won't get close to him again, I'll leave, so please let me live" he pleaded, but Hongjoong got even angrier, he whistled and stood still waiting.

After a few minutes, they were surrounded with hungry and angry wolves growling at him "did you think I was planning to leave you be?" Hongjoong scoffed in disbelief "even if I did, them and my crew wouldn't" he said turning around and walking away "wait!! Please don't let them eat me!!" He pleaded then locked eyes with Neil "your highness, please spare me, you won't see my face again, so please!!" He pleaded for his life, Neil looked down at him, not trembling and without hesitation "why should I listen to you?" He said shocking him "how many times did I plead for you to spare me? And you still hit and tortured me, so why should I listen to you?" He asked glaring at him.

The ex-minister didn't know what to say and before he could speak, the wolves jumped at him and started tearing off his skin and eating him, Neil stood there watching him being eaten while his screaming filled the palace.

When the wolves had finished eating, they went to Hongjoong and Neil, rubbing their heads on them, they patted them "good job" Hongjoong said smiling at them and looked at Neil proudly "you too" he told him and Neil hugged him, Hongjoong was surprised by his actions, but he hugged him back and patted his head "I thought you left" Neil said looking at him "how could we leave without a proper goodbye?" Hongjoong asked him smiling widely "and you still didn't tell me how the transportation gem works" he told him pinching his cheeks "sowey" he apologized and Hongjoong let go of his cheeks "let's go see the others" he told him and they left with the wolves behind them.