Chapter 34 : Help

The morning came, Hongjoong gathered his crew in his cabin to see what they found "first, Seonghwa's team, what did you find?" He asked them, sitting behind his desk "as Neil said, we found illegal deals with the black market, and some assassination contracts" he told him "I found a drug bottle behind the bookshelf with this letter, please read it" Valerie gave him the letter, he opened it and read it, when he finished, he crawled the paper into a small ball, he took a deep breath "what else did you find?" He asked.

"I found some parchments as evidence of using bribe and poison" Mingi told him "great job" he complimented them, they blushed from embarrassment "but, what did you read in the paper?" San asked him "it's an instruction for how to use the drug on the prince" Hongjoong told them not looking at Neil "from Captain. J to the prime minister" they fell silent "isn't this the Captain who is looking for Neil?" Jongho asked cutting the silence "he is" Valerie said with anger building up inside her.

"Yunho, did you find the custody papers?" Hongjoong changed the subject "oh, yeah" he said putting them in front of Hongjoong "we also found the paper that says the throne goes to the prime minister after Neil's death, it's not signed yet" Jongho put it in front of him "great, and I found this in your third drawer" Hongjoong said pulling a small box out and putting it on the desk, Neil stepped in and opened it, it had a blue rose inside it with a small paper "hey, this rose" Yunho said grabbing the box close to his face "from where did you get it?" He asked Neil "I didn't, the minister did, he used it on my parents" Neil told him.

Hongjoong looked at Neil, he was trembling but he stood firmly "what does it do?" Hongjoong asked "it's symptoms are like a heartattack, but with no cure and it leaves no trace behind, how is this an evidence?" Yunho asked Neil confused "not the rose, but this letter" he said taking the box from Yunho "this letter is a contract the minister signed to buy this rose, and its date is a week before the emperor and the empress's death, also, there is this letter" he said taking something from under the box "it says that he used it on the emperial family but I didn't die, so he faked the custody papers" he told them.

The crew was surprised by him "how old were you?" Mingi asked afraid of the answer "ten" he told them "how did you find these at such a young age?" Seonghwa asked concerned "I didn't, my butler did, but he died after giving me this box and this fake rose" he told them feeling sad "can I kill the minister and this Captain. J?" Valerie asked this time "no" Hongjoong dead banned and she sulked at him.

Hongjoong dismissed the crew, they'll start moving the next day, today they'll rest so they can have more energy tomorrow "Captain" Yeosang walked into Hongjoong's cabin "what?" He said annoyed "I want to visit the city and do more investigation, can I?" He asked innocently "can I too?" Neil asked from behind Yeosang surprising them "why do you want to go?" Hongjoong asked Neil surprised "I've never visited the city, and all the maids used to say its so beautiful and lively, I want to see how my people live" he told Hongjoong feeling nervous, Hongjoong looked at them for a good time and sighed "fine, you can go with Yeosang and Valerie" he allowed them and they jumped excitedly "but first, hide your blonde roots before going" he told him pointing at his head "I'll do, thanks" he thanked him and ran to the main deck "be careful" Hongjoong stopped Yeosang "I have a bad feeling about him going into the city" he was worried "Aye Captain" Yeosang said and closed the door behind him.

Yeosang, Valerie and Neil wore long coats over their clothes and gloves, and black cloak over their heads "why are we wearing cloaks?" Neil asked curious "so no one can see our faces or your hair" Valerie told him, they walked in the main street, it sure was lively, people were bargaining over goods and they were buying food from the trolleys "did you see the newspaper today?" Neil heard two women talking
"they raised the prize for the one who finds the crown prince to 1 million"
"no wonder, his coronation is close, and its already been seven years since the emperor and the empress died, the country needs an emperor".