chapter 14 : Bluebird

When Valerie arrived at the quarter deck, she realized Yeosang didn't move an inch since she left him, his white shirt is now covered with blood from his hands and his head is hanging low.

Valerie reached out to him and put her hand on his shoulder "can I see your hands?" She asked him in a low and comforting voice, Yeosang let go of his arms and put his hands down not lifting his head.

Valerie took his right hand examining it, there was nail marks on his palm from where the blood came, Valerie frowned at his injuries then took the sterilizer in her hand "it might burn a little" she told him and put it on the cuts, he didn't give any reaction to the stinging feeling in his hand, she took the bandage and wrapped it around his hand, she repeated the same process on his left hand.

After she finished treating him, she sat down next to him 'you can't hide forever, mark my words' those words rang in her head making her nervous, but, she put those feelings aside looking at the night sky, there was no clouds in the sky which made the half moon and the stars around it more visible. She stared at the stars remembering the first ship she lived on and the first person that accepted her for who she is. She had a sad expression on her face knowing he is gone now.

Valerie sighed and looked at the man next to her, he was staring at his injured hands with furious look in his eyes "you should be careful with your hands if you want them to heal" she told him and he took a deep breath and sighed "I know" he told her and looked up ahead of him "in two days we'll arrive at Bluebird" he told her "I'll try talking to the cat in this time" she said "maybe it won't harm us if we convinced it" she said still looking at him, Yeosang turned his head looking at her and sighed "fine, I'll leave you to it" he said and stood up taking over the helm "thanks" she thanked him with a smile.

The next day, Valerie went to the crow nest to where San is, when she arrived, San was standing and leaning his elbows at the rails of the nest when he noticed her arrival "good morning" he greeted her with a smile "good morning" she responded hopping in the nest "you seem to be in a good mood" she said "yeah, I slept well last night" he told her turning his head back to the ocean, Valerie's eyes landed on the sleeping cat next to the mast, she went there and sat next to it 'can you hear me?' She asked looking up at the sky 'what do you want?' She heard the deep gravelly voice from the night before "I came to negotiate' she said 'about what?' The cat asked lifting it's head and looking at her 'about your stay here' she said looking at the cat and smiling 'we can give you food and a place to sleep if you stayed harmless, but at some point we'll have to tell everyone on the ship' she said turning her head up 'and if I won't?' it asked 'nothing, you'll go and take San with you and tell everyone about who I am' she said looking down 'I'm not planning to anything for now' it said resting it's head on its palms 'I just need a place to eat and sleep, so rest assured' it said making Valerie turn her head towards it 'really?' She asked 'yeah, I'm not interested in stressful situations' it told her and she smiled "aren't you a cute cat" Valerie said patting it's head making it annoyed "right, isn't she?" San said looking at the cat "yes, she is" she said smiling at him still patting the cat.

Valerie went to Yeosang at the quarter deck, he was looking at her anxious, scared of what will happen to the crew, he had changed his bloody shirt to another clean one, she arrived at the quarter deck with a smile "it went well, the cat won't harm us as long as it has a place to eat and sleep" she assured him "thank goodness" he sighed in relief "so, it won't take San or try to control him?" He asked "yup" she answered and took the map and sat on the barrel next to the helm, they are so close to the Bluebird island and it will take no time for them to reach it "if it didn't mean any harm, then why did it threaten us?" He asked her "maybe, it was scared of what we might do to it" she said focused on the map "that we might throw it away or kill it" she said and he hummed in understanding "but we aren't barbaric to do this to it" he said "we might be pirates who kill people but, we don't do that out of fun" he explained making Valerie smile to herself, then the cat's words popped in her head again stopping her from smiling "can I ask you a question?" She asked looking at him "yeah, sure" he said focused ahead of him "what would you do if you find out one of the crew wasn't a human?" She asked him holding the map with trembling hands "nothing" he said surprising her "they are still my crewmembers and friends, it won't change anything" he said "but why are you asking?" He asked looking at her "nothing, just simple curiosity" she said looking back at the map smiling.