Chapter 25 : The Story pt.2

"We basically took them to the other side of the beach, away from the cave Jack was staying in, he didn't want them close to his ship, afraid they might steel or destroy it" she explained to them "is the ship that important to him?" Mingi asked "yeah" she answered "it's the last thing was left for him from his crew and as he said 'his true love' " she told them knowing exactly how a ship is important to its crew "imagine someone getting close to Treasure, what would you do?" Seonghwa asked "I'll break their neck" he answered "well, it's the same for him" he said smiling.

After they bandaged the injured men, Jack went to bring some food while Valerie searched their belongings, the man that Valerie dragged along the beach, had a sword on his belt which she took away and in his bag was rum, some food and water, and the man that Jack dragged, had two pistols on his waist, she took them away as well, and in his bag was only posters in it.

Valerie started flipping through the posters, still having a little difficulty in reading, but she knew what they are and the numbers under the photos mean.

Jack came back with a stack of fish and some fruits "what did you find?" He asked her putting the fish aside with the fruit and sitting next to her "it seems like they love to collect posters of people with money on their heads" she told him passing the posters to him "it's not the posters they want, but the money of the people in these posters" he told her going through them "how do they get the money?" She asked preparing the fire to cook "by bringing them to the navy, dead or alive, they are called bounty hunters" he told her burning the posters in the fire "so they might be after your head" she said putting one fish over the fire "if they were, they won't gain anything from it, since we are stuck here with no way out" he said bitterly, but that didn't bother Valerie, because she is stuck here too.

They heard someone moving behind them, Valerie went to check on the two injured bounty hunters, who moved was the one Jack rescued, he had short brown hair with black eyes, he had a tanned skin, he was wearing a white shirt under a brown jacket and brown pants and boots. He wasn't wearing anything on top except for bandages all over his chest and back, he groaned "Where. Am I?" Trying to straighten his back but failed because of the pain.

Valerie went to help him lie back down "you guys were unconscious on the beach, so we brought you here" she told him after settling him down "we?" He asked "yeah, me and Jack brought you to the forest, so he can examine you" she said standing up and heading next to Jack "he cooked you some soup too" she said grabbing a bowl and pouring some soup in it, and brought it to him.

After he finished eating, Jack went to examine him again.

It was starting to get dark, and when Jack came closer to the man, at first he couldn't see clearly, but when he had a grasp of what he looked like, he almost jumped in his place, making the pain in his back more painful "fighting won't gain you a thing in your state, so just stay still for now" he told him changing his bandages "what's your name?" He tried being friendly "none of your business" the man answered "okay, listen none of your business" he replied sarcastically "when your friend wakes up, call me or the girl you first saw, he is badly injured and needs to be taken care of more than you, clear?" He finished changing the bandages and hit his back, making him hiss in pain "clear" he said.

"I can see now why you are always sarcastic" Seonghwa said in understanding "well, thanks for noticing" she said unbothered "now, the man's partner woke up the next day, his statue was worse than the first one, but still we tried treating them with what we had, and in almost three weeks, they were completely healed" she stopped talking and closed her eyes confusing the crew "is there anything wrong?" Mingi asked her "hmmm, it's just frustrating how we couldn't see what they were planning" she sighed "but its fine now because" she continued "they are dead".