Chapter 18 : Fortune Teller

The walk to the hotel was quite, none of them said a word, until Valerie broke the silence "aren't you going to ask about it?" She asked him, looking ahead of her "can I?" He asked and she nodded slightly "what was she talking about?" He asked, she didn't answer immediately, instead, she took a deep breath and stood in her place making Seonghwa stop after he walked passed her and looked back back, she looked hurt "have you ever killed to protect?" What she asked surprised him "I had, actually, multiple times" he told her "well," she said "I think, I've done worse" she told him "you think?" He asked confused "yeah, that's what I've been told" she told him "then, why did you tell her you did nothing?" He asked still confused "because, I don't remember killing anyone, I woke up and there were dead bodies in front of me" she said in an angry tone startling Seonghwa "can you tell me what caused it?" He asked her "I'm still not ready to talk about it" she told him not looking in his eyes, he sighed "well, I can't force you to speak, but you have to tell us someday, okay?" He said with a soft look in his eyes "okay" she sighed smiling at him and walked next to him on their way back to the hotel.

When they arrived at the entrance of the hotel, they found the crew with Hongjoong waiting for them "you are late" Hongjoong said looking at them "perhaps you saw your whole future" he said sarcastically "nope, she couldn't see a thing, it was a waste of time" Seonghwa said sighing approaching them with Valerie behind him "well, let's get going then" Wooyoung said excitedly "to where?" Valerie asked "the beach" Yunho told her.

They arrived at the beach with the pack of fireworks in their hands, the beach was full of people and few soldiers, so it was safe for them to light the fireworks since everyone on the beach is doing the same.

They took a spot few meters away from the crowd of people to light the fireworks freely "let's put them next to eachother in one raw" Seonghwa guided the ones who held the fireworks and put them in a line not too far from the ocean "we are ready!" Wooyoung shouted informing them "I'll light them!" San shouted next to Hongjoong's ear, making him part deaf "fine, you light them" he told him and he ran towards Seonghwa who gave him a long match, he lit the match and ran along the line of fireworks, lighting them, the fireworks shot to the sky making huge circles in different colours, blue, yellow, purple, red, and green, the crew was fascinated with the show in front of them, looking at the dark sky that's being lit up with fireworks.

Valerie was standing behind the crew, observing the fireworks silently, she didn't say a word, only starred at it fascinated by its beauty "the people on this island believe that fireworks are a signal for the Kitsune to not lose it's way to the island" Valerie looked beside her to see the captain there "that's why every night of the festival at midnight they shoot fireworks, to guide it here" he said looking at his crew vulnerable, they were running around and having fun "this crew is all I have" he said "I hope you understand that" he told her "I do" she said "and I promise you," she turned in his direction "I will do anything to protect and keep them from danger, because now, you are all I have" what she said made him smile "that's relieving" he said grinning widely "captain!! Val!! come play with us!!! The water is sooo refreshing!!" Mingi shouted from the ocean, he was soaked wet because Yeosang and Wooyoung threw him in it with Jongho "coming!!" Valerie shouted running towards them taking her boots off, she jumped into the water, splashing it over Seonghwa and Yunho "sorry" she said smiling wickedly and splashing water at them, the whole crew joined in the water fight now with Hongjoong too.

After they got back to the hotel, each one of them went to their room after saying goodnight, Valerie took a shower and went straight to her bed and fell asleep immediately.

"Run!!!" She woke up sweating sitting on her bed, she had the same dream from the nights before, she was breathing heavily and her head was throbbing, she thought about it again, it was the same incident the fortune teller was talking about, she lied back in her bed, it's 8 am, Seonghwa will knock on her door at any moment now, she doesn't feel like going out, she heard the knock on the door and got up to open it "good morning, are you- are you sick?" He asked concerned after looking at her sweaty figure "no, just had a nightmare" she told him putting a hand on her forehead wiping the sweat "okay, are you going to come for the patrol today?" He said trying to hide his concern "I don't feel like it, I'll just stick with Hongjoong today" she told him looking up at him "okay, see you tonight" he told her walking away from her room.