Chapter 22 : A Deal

The Kitsune yelled but no one answered him, instead, the arrows kept coming one after the other, he kicked the ground making a huge block part from it and he used it to stop the arrows.

When the shooting stopped, he moved the block and started looking around.
No one was around or near him, he threw the block away and headed towards San to grab and get off the island, he had enough of these guys.

When he reached San, a sword was aiming for his head, he stopped it with his claws "now what?" He said annoyed and looked at the person holding the sword, he was wearing a cloak like the others, but he had a fox mask on unlike them.

The masked man moved his sword and kicked the Kitsune away from San.
He knelt checking on him, and when he realized he was unconscious "Jongho, Wooyoung, come and take San away!!" He shouted for another two guys to come, one of them put San on his back and the other supported him and went behind the building Seonghwa was on.

The Kitsune looked at them from where he was standing and saw five people hiding behind it and when the other two arrived "you guys stay as far as possible, understood?" The masked man ordered and they replied by "Aye captain!!" And ran away from them.

The Kitsune stood up and looked at Hongjoong "Captain?" He asked "by any chance, are you pirates?" He asked him "of course" Hongjoong answered standing up, holding the sword in one hand "well, that's another reason for me to kill you all, but first" he said "why don't you hand me that Man, I need to take him back with me" he told Hongjoong trying to make him angry, but he sighed and said "you are neither going to take nor kill anyone, and I'm going to take that gem from your arrogant face" he pointed his sword towards the gem on his head.

The Kitsune laughed and glared at Hongjoong "you wish" he said "by the end of the night, I'll take what I want and kill all of you, including that fairy" he told Hongjoong, but he didn't say a word, instead, he stayed still waiting for him to attack.

The Kitsune is now angry, he pulled his claws out and aimed for Hongjoong's throat, Hongjoong stopped his claw with the sword surprising the Kitsune, he swung his sword up to the right pushing the Kitsune away from him "now it's my turn" he said in a playful tone and went for the Kitsune's neck, he was so fast that the Kitsune barely stopped him, he wanted to backup but Hongjoong didn't let him by kicking his face "do not underestimate me" he said and attacked him by swinging his sword at his head, the Kitsune avoided it and backed a little from Hongjoong, he smiled and went to attack him.

Seonghwa and the rest of the crew were watching the fight in front of them on a rooftop building that was four buildings away from them.

Yunho was examining the unconscious San who was lying in front of him with Valerie helping him on his left, Wooyoung on his right, sitting silently and Yeosang with Byul in his lap opposite of them "how is he?" Yeosang asked "he has bruises on his neck and few on his back other than his injured shoulder, but no fractures, so he'll be fine" Yunho told them, he tried to reassure them with a smile, but he couldn't. It was the first time he saw San weak in front of an enemy "did you know? About San?" Valerie asked them not looking at their faces "no, but apparently Hongjoong did, and from the start" Wooyoung told her and the other two nodded.

Seonghwa looked behind his back to see four depressed figures sitting around San "what's with the long faces?" He asked them, sitting next to Yeosang "I'm weak" Valerie said "I'm a bad shooter" Yunho said "I'm slow" Wooyoung said "and I couldn't protect any of these two" Yeosang said and the four of them sighed in unison "why are you saying that?" Mingi asked putting the spyglass down and moving next to Seonghwa "I mean you are not wro- ouch" Seonghwa nudged Mingi's waist with his elbow cutting him off "what Mingi is trying to say is, we all make mistakes, we learn from them and we try not to repeat them" Seonghwa told them trying to calm them down.