Chapter 15 : Shadow Tropic

After a few days of sailing, the crew arrived at Shadow Tropic after four days, the crew is now standing on the main deck in a circle with Byul in San's hands "ok" said Hongjoong "today we won't be splitting like last time, six of us will go to the island and the rest will watch over the ship, agree?" He asked "Aye captain" they responded and Hongjoong held nine sticks in his right hand making everyone pull one.

"So, it's decided, Yunho, Valerie and Jongho will stay at the ship and the rest will go explore the island" Hongjoong said "now, get ready to land" he clapped his hands earning an Aye Captain from the crew "and San" he called on San "Byul will stay at the ship" he said pointing down at the ship "fine" San said sulking.

The six men departed to the island on Valerie's boat since it's the biggest one they have, Valerie and the two boys and Byul watched the boat go to the island, the island had big and tall trees surrounding its beach, making it impossible to see inside the island "it's my first time seeing such huge trees" said Jongho "it looks like they are a couple hundred years old" he said "you know, I think I know what kind of trees they are" said Yunho and ran to his cabin and after a couple of seconds, he came back with a book in his hand with the title 'Earth to the Unknown' and sat in the middle of the main deck, Valerie and Jongho joined him and Byul sat on Jongho's lap "she won't scratch me right?" He asked 'no, I won't' the cat said to Valerie and she smiled "no, she won't" she told him and he sighed and started patting her while Yunho was still looking in the book.

"Found it!!!" Yunho yelled getting the attention of his both mates on his sides "They are called Hyperion trees, they are the tallest trees in the world" he said surprising them "isn't Hyperion the name of titans?" Jongho asked "it is" Valerie answered him "but it doesn't mean that titans live there, the tree can be planted anywhere, right?" She asked Yunho worried "yeah, that's right" he assured her standing up and the both of them let a breath out "well, they are safe then" Valerie said standing up and Byul got off Jongho's lap letting him stand "I'll go make us something to drink" Valerie said heading towards the kitchen.

The six men landed on the island and they were met with huge trees that has a very wide trunk which twenty men can't surround it fully "that's a huge tree" said Wooyoung and San at the same time "is all the other trees on the island this huge?" asked Yeosang looking up at the tree "let's go find out" said Hongjoong heading towards the island with his crew behind him "remember guys, stick tog-" "let's have a race!!" Yelled Wooyoung interrupting Hongjoong "the first one to arrive at that tree is the winner" he said pointing at a tree that's seven trees away from them "the loser stays on the island until we depart" he continued "deal" said San "that looks like fun" said Yeosang "I will surely win" said Mingi "are you serious?" asked Seonghwa frowning his eyebrows "on my mark" Wooyoung said ignoring him with the three men standing next to his right "three," he started counting and Hongjoong and Seonghwa gave up on them watching from behind "two, one, go!!!" He yelled and the four of them started running with Wooyoung first, Mingi second, San third and Yeosang forth.

The sunlight didn't reach the island fully because the trees branches were blocking it, so, the deeper they go into the island the darker it becomes.

Wooyoung and Mingi were fighting for the first place while Yeosang passed San and became the third.

While running, Wooyoung heard a hiss in the air making him slow down then stopped surprising Mingi "if you won't run you'll become the last and stay at the island!!!" Mingi yelled, continue running but Wooyoung ignored him and stayed in his place looking around, it became darker and harder to see, big trees surrounding him from everywhere.

Yeosang caught up to Wooyoung, surprised to see him standing in his place, he started slowing down until he stopped next to him "is there anything wrong?" He asked him while panting, confused and frowning his eyebrows, but Wooyoung didn't look at him and continued looking around "I just heard something, and I've got a bad feeling about it" he said confusing Yeosang even more and after a moment San arrived next to them "is there something wrong?" He asked panting "Wooyoung heard something suspicious, but doesn't know what it is" Yeosang told him "it just feels off, that's it" he said looking at both of them "anyways, let's go get Mingi and head back to Hongjoong and Seong-" "AAAHHH" Wooyoung was interrupted by a scream coming from where Mingi went making the three of them flinch and widen their eyes "that's Mingi!" San yelled and started running towards Mingi with Yeosang and Wooyoung behind him.