Chapter 36 : Imperial Palace

"Whaaaaat?!!!!" They shouted at Hongjoong "it was supposed to be after two days, because of the coronation" Seonghwa told him "the coronation is after three days, we'll move tonight, understood?" He ordered glaring at them "Aye Captain!!!" They shouted and started running all over the deck.

Neil heard rumble on the deck, he woke up feeling warm, he is completely dried with new clothes and a heavy mattress on him, he tried to sit straight, but stopped midway when he felt pain in his stomach, his memory of what happened was vivid, he can barely remember what had happened, he forced himself to sit and put his legs down on the floor, he walked to the door and opened it, everyone was running all over the deck.

Wooyoung was loading the rifles and the guns, Seonghwa was moving boxes with Mingi, Jongho and Yeosang, Yunho and Valerie were following San off the ship towards the forest "what's going on?" He asked leaning on the frame of the door "you should rest" Hongjoong stood before him "we'll take it from here" he told him holding his shoulders "no, I want to help" he refused, Hongjoong was having doubts "please, I should participate in this, or else, I won't be able to move on" he pleaded to him.

Hongjoong stood there silent for a while, he sighed and put a hand on his head "Wooyoung's going to kill me" he said confusing Neil "fine" he said making him happy "but you'll stick with me, no matter what happens" he told him and he nodded "good, now go rest until we go" he said turning him around and helped him back to his bed.

San led Valerie and Yunho towards the monsters hideout, it was deep in the forest and hard to find "be careful of the branches" San warned them after being hit by one "you are the one who should be careful" Valerie corrected him and Yunho chuckled at him.

"We are here" San said standing in front of an open space, there's a big ice lack in the middle with bushes surrounding it, they felt movement coming from them, Yunho and Valerie got ready for a fight, but San stopped them and walked forward "hey, it's me!!" He shouted, and soon enough, a bunch of enormous wolves jumped on him, San fell on his back while they were licking his face.

The wolves were black and the size of a human, their eyes were yellow, they looked cute.

Yunho and Valerie stood dumbfounded, they tried to find San under the pile of wolves, but they just couldn't "San, can you hear me?!!!" Yunho shouted so he can hear him, a hand was visible from under the pile of wolves.

The wolves stood aside letting San breath, his hair was a mess, he looked at Valerie and Yunho and motioned for them to come closer.

They went close to them and the wolves started showing affection towards them "they are friendly" San told them and they started patting them "they are so cute" Valerie said rubbing a wolf's head "they agreed on helping us after they meet Neil, we'll be riding them until we arrive at the palace, oh, and there's another condition" San said "and what is it?" Yunho asked still patting "to let them eat some soldiers" he told them "well, if Neil doesn't mind, they are his people after all" Yunho said rubbing one's belly "let them eat the minister's soldiers" Valerie told them "let's go back now" Yunho told them, and San told the wolves to follow them.

They arrived at the ship to find the rest ready to depart, Neil was standing next to Hongjoong surprising the three of them "is he coming?" San asked standing in front of Hongjoong "yes, but he mustn't leave my side" he told them, Wooyoung and Yeosang weren't that much enthusiastic about the idea.

San let one wolf stand in front of Hongjoong, Neil hid behind him "they want to meet you" San told Neil surprising him "why me?" He asked standing next to Hongjoong "they said that they were friends with the first emperor, and after he died, they vowed to protect the emperial family, and they wanted to make sure you are one of them" San explained, one wolf came closer to Neil and started sniffing him, soon enough, it started howling and so did the others "they confirmed you are from the imperial family" San said smiling widely and Neil smiled at them.