Chapter 5 : The Test 1

"Is there a way to show someone they are uninvited more clearly?" she said sarcastically watching Hongjoong heading towards his cabin under the quarter deck.
"You don't need to overthink it" Mingi said.
"Yeah relax, I'm sure it's nothing" Yeosang said reassuring her.

After 5 minutes at the captain's cabin.
"Who wants to throw her out of the ship, raise your hand" Hongjoong said facing his crew while sitting behind his desk.
"Wait! what?" Wooyoung asked confused.
"Well, we need to make a decision whether letting her stay onboard or throwing her out" Hongjoong said shrugging his shoulders.
"He's right" Jongho said agreeing with hongjoong, he had short brown hair with big dark eyes and tanned skin.
"we can't just let her stay like that while we know absolutely nothing about her" he continued.
"But still, she got us out of the marine's grip in minutes while we were running for a week away from them" San said trying to defend her.

"Hmmm, you may be right but we still need to take precautions in case she was fooling us to get us into a trap and handing us to the marines" Yunho replied to san.
"I don't know why but I don't feel threatened by her, maybe because she took her sword back in it's place after realizing she was surrounded" Seonghwa said defending her.
"It might be an act she pulled out fooling us that she is weak but actually not" wooyoung said.

"What about the two of you?" Hongjoong asked looking at Yeosang and mingi "what do you think we should do?"
"Why suddenly pointing the question at us?" Mingi questioned.
"Because you guys were the only ones who had a direct interaction with her" Seonghwa said making it seem so obvious.

"And?" Yeosang questioned.
"What if we said she's actually nice and turned out it was all an act she pulled to fool us?" He asked his members making them rethink the decision they were about to make.
Yeosang sighed and turned his attention to his captain and said "I have a way to decide whether she can stay or go, I just need your permission" he said looking at his captain in the eye.
"Okay, what do you want to do?" He said earning a big grin from Yeosang.
"Great, here's what we are going to do..."

"What's taking them so long?" Valerie questioned grabbing the helm and looking at the wide ocean.
"Are they planning on how to get rid of me?" She said starting to panic.
"No way, I helped them with their escape they won't do that" she tried to reassure herself.
"But they're pirates and you don't know what is going on in their minds" she started to panic again.
"What if they decided to kill me And then they found out I can't be killed or die, what will they do to me then?" She said grabbing her hair.
"Will they cut me open?"she said putting a hand over her mouth.
"I don't want that"
she stood up firmly and said "No, I won't stand still and watch them cut me open I will fight back" she said balling her hands into fists and throwing them beside her head and shouted her jungle scream.

"What are you doing?" Jongho asked looking up at her.
Valerie looked down and found a figure looking up at her from the main deck.
She had a little pink stains on her face from embarrassment "nothing, it's just a daily routine thing" she said not looking at him.
"To suddenly stand up and scream you lungs out?" He questioned judging her by his stares.
"Anyways the captain told me to bring you to his cabin" he said getting her attention.
"Me? Suddenly? Why?" She asked pointing a finger towards herself.
"Why don't you ask him yourself?" He said signalling her to follow him.

Valerie followed Jongho to the captain's cabin, when Jongho opened the cabin's door, she met 7 pairs of eyes looking at her directly.
"Come in" hongjoong said giving her the permission to step into the cabin.
After she got in and closed the door, awkward silence filled the cabin making Valerie uncomfortable.

"We decided what to do with you" hongjoong said startling and taking her by surprise.
"Yeosang will explain everything to you" he said earning a nod from yeosang.
"Thank you captain" Yeosang said turning his attention to her.
"You'll have to go through some tests if you want to stay onboard" he continued.
"Tests?" She asked lifting an eyebrow.
"Yes, will you be able to take them?" He asked getting closer to her and looking straight at her eyes.