Chapter 19 : Tonight

Hongjoong went straight to the hotel, waiting for the members in his room, and after an hour, he heard three knocks on the door, he opened it "hi" Valerie greeted him with a smile "can I come in?" She asked him "sure" he said letting her in, she went to Yunho's bed and lied on it with Byul next to her "why didn't you go with Seonghwa today?" He asked her closing the door and heading to his bed "I wasn't feeling well" She told him patting Byul's head "but I went for a small walk, hoping it would make me feel better" she said "and how are you now?" He asked "worse" she said smiling, sitting on the bed and putting Byul in her lap "you can tell me what's bothering you, I'm a great secret keeper" he told her, sitting on the edge of the bed, facing her.

She looked at him, he was smiling warmly at her "I'm just overwhelmed with everything" she said confusing him "a few months ago, I was living in an isolated place with one person, and suddenly, he dies, I go into the sea, survived the Erebus ocean, joined you and now" she stopped for moment "we are stealing a magical gem from a magical creature, a lot of things happened" she told him.

Hongjoong looked at her "maybe it's a good thing to have some changes in your life" he told her "and you'll get used to it by time" he said assuring her "and I will not be as harsh on you as I used to when you first got on the ship" he said grinning widely.

Valerie looked at him relieved "thank you, captain" she said "I needed this" she told him and he stood up "no problem, it's what captain does" he said heading to the window and looking through it, it was noon and the sky was full of clouds, and when they moved, he saw a red circle in the sky.

Hongjoong got shivers in his back, he went to his bag as quickly as possible surprising Valerie, he started searching it, throwing everything on the ground "what's wrong?" She asked reaching and leaning close to him, he ignored her until he found what he was looking for, it was a small notebook, he opened it, flipping through its pages, he stopped at the middle of it "what is today?" He asked Valerie looking at his book "Sunday, why?" She answered him, he looked nervous "it's tonight".

What Hongjoong said confused Valerie "what is tonight?" She asked him "the Kitsune will appear tonight" he told her standing up on his feet, grabbing his sword and gun "tonight, isn't it early for him to appear?" She asked nervously "no, it's not, we were just late in our arrival at the island" he said putting his hat and coat on "go look for the guys and inform them to meet on the ship at 6" He ordered "what about you? Where are you going?" She asked him "I need to check on something first, now go" he said "Aye captain" she saluted him and went to her room.

Valerie changed her clothes to white shirt and black vest, black pants and boots, put her sword on her waist on the left side and the gun on the other one, and hid her dagger in her boot, she made a quick braid with her hair and ran to the city with Byul on her shoulder.

Valerie went to the west side of the city first where San and Mingi had their patrol, she found them sneaking from a nearby alley and went to them "guys!!" She shouted getting their attention "Valerie?" The both said surprised "what are you doing here? And with Byul?" San asked getting Byul off her shoulder "Hongjoong says to meet up on the ship at 6, the Kitsune will appear tonight, see ya" she told them and ran in the opposite direction leaving them stunned in their places "what is today?" Mingi asked 'Sunday' Byul answered him "Sunday?!!" Both of them shouted and ran to the hotel.

Valerie told Seonghwa and Jongho in the north side of the city, and the only ones left were Yunho's team, they were at the south side where gangs gathered up.

When she entered the south side, it was worse from where the fortune teller lived, there were dead bodies on the ground and people covered with blood, she was stopped by a group of ten surrounding her "give us all you have, and we'll think about letting you go, alive" the leader of the group told her, he was wearing all black and covering his face, so did the rest of the group, Valerie ignored him and tried to get passed him but a hand on her shoulder stopped her "what are you doing by ignoring the boss?" One of the men said pulling a dagger out "don't you know who he is?" He said playing with the dagger in his hand "I don't and not interested, so pull your hand off of me if you don't want to face the consequences" she warned him " huh, didn't you hear him?" He shouted "I could literally wrench this face of you, right guys?" He said looking at his mates who are stunned in their places "what's wrong?" He asked "yo-your hand" one of them said shivering pointing at the ground "what's wrong with my hand?" He said looking at where the man was pointing, his hand was on the ground, he looked back at his arm and blood was coming out from where his hand was.