Taste of Power - Day 2

The San Francisco bay area has sustained massive damage from earthquakes caused by a larger, more powerful strain of crystal growth. One or more of the monsters may be drawn to the city by the strange crystal radiation. Allowing these new crystals to persist could have a destabilizing effect on monsters or GDF Mecha units.

///////////////////

Specialist Kenji Miku - What's this? A new crystal type!

Base Commander Tagaki - You have something, Miku?

Specialist Kenji Miku - Sir, this is a completely different crystal than what we've been seeing. Look at these radiation readings... they're off the charts. It's just... 'surging'... with some strange, alien force.

Base Commander Tagaki - Yes, and the monsters... they'll be drawn to that radiation. We better scramble a mecha unit to that location... ASAP! We'll see if it can recover a sample for Dr. Shiragami.

Specialist Kenji Miku - But, sir, we can't predict what effects the crystal radiation might have on our mecha. We might be placing them in danger!

Base Commander Tagaki - We have to risk it, Miku - Prepare Jet Jaguar for immediate launch! Attention... this is not a drill. Initiate Jet Jaguar launch sequence.

Specialist Kenji Miku - The monsters can sense the power in these crystals... but we can't know their intentions.

////////////////////

I made it to San Francisco. I seem to have a sense of those crystal radiation from those...things. The blue crystals are corrupting the Kaiju known as Jet Jaguar, a GDF. Giving him some kind of a shield and slows his speed down.

This Power Surge is called a Shield Surge. It makes the Kaiju to reduce physical damage but slows them down.

Not only that the crystals are corrupting him, it's causing some major damage to cities such as this.

I quickly head to the first blue crystal and begin destroying it, making it break apart into pieces. Then sprint run to the next one without being noticed.

I hear military humans from down there while I made my way to the next blue crystal. I leap over tall buildings to get myself to a better way of getting around without destroying them. I would keep going until-

Corrupted Jet Jaguar: You will become part of us!

Jet Jaguar found me and he was going to attack me in a crazy way. I focus on destroying the crystals, not going to fight Jet Jaguar because I have to save him. I just have to avoid his attacks and hopefully I'll save him from the Power Surge Corruption.

Corrupted Jet Jaguar: Join the Corruption... It is awesome!

King Caesar: No thank you!

I feel him knock me off clean, making me land on the ground. I quickly got up and destroy the last of the crystals, freeing Jet Jaguar from the Power Surge Corruption. And seeing myself filled with rage, but still calm. I have reached Critical Mass.

Aliens dropped by 15

Mutants were up by 5

COMPLETE

Jet Jaguar: Ugh... What the- What happened?

King Caesar: You were corrupted by the crystals. Good thing I saved you from the Power Surge Corruption.

Jet Jaguar: Oh... Well, in that case... Thanks for saving me. But I gotta warn you about the Critical Mass. The GDF will still take you down if you reach Critical Mass.

King Caesar: What do you-

Military humans: The Monsters reach Critical Mass! Concentrate on all your firepower on King Caesar!

My ears lift up as I was about to run away so this Critical Mass will drop down to normal.

King Caesar: I better go. Bye Jet Jaguar.

I sprint run to the exit of San Francisco before the GDF military units could even follow me out. Luckily, they stay behind. I saved one of them, but others are still in danger. Who makes the crystals? Where did they come from? Why are they here? Guess I have to wait to complete some missions to get answers from who knows what.