Chapter 1

The fresh air blew through their hair as they flew closer to the North Pole, the air growing cooler by each passing minute. Kyoshi's mind was filled with thoughts of Yun. Had that all really just happened? It was all so much to process. Yun was dead, Rangi was on the edge of death, Jinpa was also injured, and her? Other than a couple scraps and bruises she was completely fine. But out of all her friends, why was she allowed to leave the battle unharmed?

No matter what, the North Pole was still the best place to go. They had the greatest population of world class healers, who specialized in advanced abilities. Maybe she could get Atuat to train her more while they were all there as well.

Kyoshi looked over all her companions, some looking more defeated than the others. Her focus soon shifted to Rangi. She carefully watched Rangi's expressions, she watched as her face stiffened as she tried to adjust her position. Like she had bit into a sour grape. Kyoshi admired her partner's want to put on a tough face, but she also wished she would let her in.

The ground below soon became covered in thick sheets of ice and snow. As the trees started to disappear, and were replaced by vast icebergs. The icebergs reminded Kyoshi of the Pirate Queen, her first actual battle.

"Hey, we're here" Kyoshi gently nudged Rangi awake, she had drifted off in the past hour, or so. She didn't say anything but just gave her a light smile.

As they landed Kyoshi tried to help Rangi off the bison, but she got a death stare in return. "Come on, let me help you" Kyoshi whined with her best intentions. "I'm fine" the fire bender pouted. "You were literally bleeding out a couple hours ago, and still are actively bleeding!" She was too tired, all she wanted was to help the people she cared about. Even if she was going to have to deal with possibly the most stubborn person in the four nations.

She rolled her eyes and just decided to carry Rangi off instead. "Kyoshi?!" Rangi whispered horsley as the avatar set her down on the layer of ice. But as soon as Kyoshi had set her down she immediately grabbed onto her tunic for balance. A slight grin crossed her face as she made eye contact with the fire bender. Not a word

Kyoshi's eyes widened as she walked deeper into the northern tribe. All the details carved into the building of snow and ice. Houses and beautiful bridges filling the streets.

"Avatar Kyoshi, we are honored to host you during your travels. Sorry if things may not seem as...organized as you may be used to, we were not aware of your plans to visit our tribe." A soldier announced as they all approached. "The honor is mine" Kyoshi bowed. "I am here solely because my friends are injured and in need of immediate medical attention." She cut right to the point, she didn't want to waste any time.

"Right this way Avatar Kyoshi"

She had never seen such an extensive care unit before, it functioned flawlessly. "What in the name of Rava happened here?" Atuat asked, walking into the room. Kyoshi tried to explain what had happened over the past couple of hours. By the time she had finished they had all her friends in rooms, and we're beginning with their treatments.

"Avatar Kyoshi, might I show you to where you will be staying" She shook her head, "No I'll just stay here"

As time passed she was still determined to stay awake, after everything she couldn't fall asleep and possibly miss something vital. Not even for a second. She had to keep her guard up. "Kyoshi" Atuat walked up to where she was sitting. "Your fire bender is asking for you" A smug look crossed the healer's face. Kyoshi tried to keep a neutral expression as she followed Atuat down the hall.

"Did you expect me to be dead, rocks for the brains?" Rangi asked from a tub, she was in her thin cotton top and shorts. "What no of course not!" Kyoshi said defensively. Rangi laughed as she watched Kyoshi's face heat up. "Come here" She gestured for Kyoshi to sit next to her.