Chapter 19

Alright y'all split pov time! I hope it makes sense, and you enjoy it!!!

The feeling in the tunnels shifted. Everyone seemed on edge, not sure what was really going to happen. Kyoshi supposed none of them really knew where they were going so of course there was going to be some unease for the trip. Apparently some other previous members had made their way over in news of the Avatar joining, she didn't have the chance to meet them though, and honestly she wasn't sure she wanted to.

But the one thing that still was yet to be decided, who was going to go with her?

Sitting in the small room, she felt restless even though she hadn't eaten much over the past couple days which she knew Rangi would scold her for later if and when she found out.

Kyoshi felt this buzzing feeling of excitement . For once she really felt like she was actually gonna do something that wouldn't blow up in her face. She had actually been able to work from the inside to get things to go her way. Things were going to go her way this time.

"How's the packing?" The man asked, walking into the room where Kyoshi sat. "Well, there wasn't very much to pack I suppose, I tried to offer my help elsewhere but they all seemed content finishing on their own." She said, blankly,

"Have you decided who will be going across?" Kyoshi asked, changing the subject as she stood.

"Not yet, the mystery is the only thing keeping them going at this point. Better to keep it a surprise." He replied as he left as quickly as he came. Kyoshi found the conversations with the head man odd, especially since she has yet to hear his name, nor has he heard anyone else speak of it.

Maybe she would finally get around to asking on the trip. They were taking some sort of land creature, presumably, she knew they had no access to any sort of flying bison that she was aware of nor did they have to travel by sea.

Until they got there, it was just the hours passing by, thoughts of having to bring someone through the spirit, the world drifted in and out. But not as frequently as the firebender she knew would be waiting for her.

The days of their travels all sort of blended one as the same in Kyoshi's head. There was bickering, there were complaints but most of all there were proposals of who would be best to go with her.

"Might I ask your name, it seems I'll hopefully be considered a part of your new movement and I have yet to actually know the name of the mastermind behind it all" Kyoshi asked hoping she would play into the head man's ego and prompt him to answer.

"Or of course if your man gets stuck and I have to call someone to get him back through. I'm sure you would be the most helpful," she followed up.

"I guess you have a point. They aren't all the brightest"

Kyoshi felt the corner of her turn upwards into a grin. She was hoping she could figure more about him if she got his name. As of right now all she knew was that he used lethal air toxins. She wasn't sure of where he was from or what bending abilities he had, if he had any. That might be a reason why he used the toxins.

"Narulok, the name was given to me after my grandfather" He said simply. Kyoshi blinked a moment, did he really say that so easily. All of her time in those underground tunnels she hadn't thought anyone was supposed to even say his name, she assumed it was some little rule of their group.

But maybe it wasn't, she felt stupid. Thinking this was some sort of breakthrough, and as it turned out the name did nothing for her information. The name sounded either of earth or water tribe origins. But there was no way to tell. Maybe they moved around and the grandfather was just from one of those places. It didn't mean anything. I'm overthinking this. Kyoshi thought to herself.