Chapter 29

The sun was just starting to sink in the sky as the group made their way back to the house. Kyoshi nearly looked like she was going to fall over, but seemed completely oblivious to the matter whereas Rangi looked almost frantic over it, and Jinpa well he was there just hoping he could drop them off without a hitch and no collateral damage. Which was definitely easier said than done.

The house was quiet as they entered, just a single servant greeted them as they walked through the door, taking the basket from Jinpa. As they walked into the next room they were however greeted with a large pile of reports and letters.

"Holy shit, what the fuck happened now?" Kyoshi said maybe a little too loud as she saw the pile.

"Kyoshi language". A voice called from behind her. It had made her jump, so much so that she wasn't even recovered enough to move that quickly. Which had landed her in Rangi's arms as she fell. Kyoshi looked to where the voice had come from, to see Hei Ran kinda smiling. She's probably mad about the cursing... oops, Kyoshi thought. But when she didn't greet them at the door Kyoshi had assumed that Hei Ran was out for a bit. Guess I was wrong there.

"Sorry" She mumbled as she recovered back to her feet. "I was just surprised by the amount of letters. The last time it was this bad well..." Kyoshi hesitated. The last time they had gotten this much mail it meant the spirit group was back in action. "Nothing, I should probably address them then."

"Those can wait til tomorrow I promise" Hei Ran said as she circled around.

"At least let me sort them first, find out where they're all from. Then I'll leave them alone, promise" Kyoshi countered. Hei Ran only laughed. "Well I'm glad you're feeling like yourself."

Hei Ran had brought them away from the letters and into the dinning room, hoping to get the story of what had happened. Although she definitely wasn't as prepared as she thought.

By the end of it all they were all well done with their food, dishes sitting empty in front of them. Rangi had been finishing up the last part of their day about the guy on the way back, when it seemed to have suddenly ticked off Kyoshi.

"I swear I'm so done with all of these guys" She proclaimed as she stood from her seat, slamming her hands on the table. Hei ran and Rangi looked at each other for a moment, Hei Ran normally hated outbursts of any sort. Finding them as signs of immaturity, but she kinda got where Kyoshi was coming from, and from the looks of it she had spent the last couple weeks in hell. So she decided the outburst was fair at this point.  

"I swear if I see another one of their faces, I'm going to beat them to a pulp, or sink them through the face of the earth, " Kyoshi said as she glared at the table in front of her.

"You definitely will not, just sit down." Rangi asserted herself, realizing that despite the fact that Kyoshi probably couldn't even make it to the other side of town without help, she knew she would jump if given the opportunity.

"Well you let me deal with that last one"

"That's because he wasn't even a threat, there was nothing to worry about" Rangi replied back. I will not admit to her that she simply beat me to the punch.

"Just sit down and stop trying to give me heart attack for like two minutes"

Kyoshi, admitting defeat, slumped once more in her chair, as Hei Ran asked more questions. Knowing the next time she saw them, it would be on sight, Kyoshi didn't have very much of a plan, but they sure as hell weren't going to be around to keep causing trouble.

Once Jinpa had headed back, and Hei Ran had nodded them good night, they went back to Rangi's room, and there it was Kyoshi's missing fan sitting perfectly on the desk. Kyoshi tried to walk to it as fast as she could, before picking it up and holding it next to the other. Rangi had definitely cleaned it while I was gone. She thought as she looked at the two together.