Chapter 25

Kirima had watched Rangi take off into the woods, the shirshu following behind her. She smiled as she watched Kyoshi fall into Rangi's arms. She was pretty sure if they didn't find her soon the next one to get on the firebender's nerves would be dead.

As they walked over Kirima realized that Kyoshi was crying, it sounded heartbreaking. Even though they had just reunited after what felt like forever, Kyoshi sounded heartbroken.

The only sound above the sobs was Rangi trying to comfort her as they sat in the grass. Kyoshi looked rough, and like hella rough. Kind of like after she got struck with lightning, Kirima felt like that was a fair comparison at the moment.

As they got closer the next thing Kirima saw was the blood, shit.

"Here let me help," Kirima said, rushing over, extending her arm out, only to be smacked away by the firebender. "Don't touch her"

She narrowed her eyes. "You can't do this on your own now can you. Let me help"

"I said don't touch her, if you want to help just hand me the bandages I packed" Rangi said, not looking up from Kyoshi who had gone quiet.

"Hey we helped find her too, you don't get to start acting like this-" Kirima stopped talking as she saw the look on Rangi's face, she was scared. "Fine, I'll be right back"

"I forgot how moody she makes you." Kirima muttered under her breath, as she went to retrieve some cloth bandages.

Rangi took them without another word, as she let Kyoshi fall against her shoulder. Slowly she began to wrap the cloth around Kyoshi's middle, hoping with enough pressure it would stop the bleeding. Wrapping it around once more Rangi bit her lip as she felt Kyoshi wince against the sudden pressure.

"Can you stand?" She asked quietly, getting to her feet. Kyoshi only nodded as Rangi helped pull her up. Slowly Rangi helped Kyoshi get settled on the creature they would be riding back to the fire nation on.

"We're glad you're okay Kyoshi." Wong said as they started to move. She looked up for a second before continuing to stare at the ground. Rangi frowned at Kyoshi's lack of response, she then looked at Wong, and tried to give him a reassuring smile in place of Kyoshi's silence. She's okay now.

It worried Rangi how outside of the continuous apologizing from earlier, Kyoshi hadn't said anything. Even to her. She'll be fine. She repeated to herself, she's just tired, probably did more than her body could take. Rangi looked back at her once more. She definitely took on more than she could take.

Although the ride back wasn't long, it felt like it lasted days to Rangi. Nobody spoke as they got closer to the town. The only thing Rangi listened for was the consistent sound of Kyoshi's breathing against her back. Soon she was sure that the avatar had fallen asleep against her, more weight pressed to her back as they walked on.

The sun was beginning to set as they stopped in front of a medical unit Kyoshi didn't stir. "Want my help now?" Kirima asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Fine, just don't wake her up" Rangi agreed, as she rolled her eyes. 

"I'm not asleep"

Rangi felt like she could have snapped her neck with how fast her head whipped around.

"That's fine, where're just going to move you inside. Is that okay?" Rangi asked, regaining her composure before slipping her arm around Kyoshi's waist, Kirima on her other side. She only nodded in response as they walked inside.

"Everything's going to be okay, I promise." Rangi whispered. She wasn't sure why she was so persistent on trying to reassure Kyoshi. It probably did more for Rangi, than Kyoshi at this point. As soon as Rangi and Kirima got Kyoshi to a bed Rangi noticed Kyoshi was still holding onto her sleeve.