Chapter 28

"Hey Jinpa" Kyoshi said awkwardly, as she pulled her hand over to cover the bandaging on her side.

"I already know it's there. I just need an explanation" Jinpa said as he set down a basket.

"Still bringing care baskets are we?" Kyoshi asked, laughing awkwardly.

"Answer, go"

She sighed as she began to explain the whole thing from the beginning. Jinap only interrupted when she started to explain the failed meetup.

"Your firebender was pissed you know, fired the whole crew who went to help us find you after you weren't there"

"You did not," Kyoshi said, turning to glare at Rangi. "They were talking shit about you"

"I recall some of them weren't they were-"

"They were being disrespectful and you know it, plus I got you without their help didn't I?" Rangi argued, crossing her arms.

Kyoshi just shook her head, "Anyways, they had moved my body once I was in the spirit world-"

Now Jinpa was starting on a lecture similar to Rangi's when she was done explaining. Something's long the lines about safety, and not being reckless, it honestly went in one ear and out the next.

"Just give me a little slack here, I already had Rangi lecture me. I just want to go to sleep"

"It's not nearly noon, and you're this tired. What the hell did you really do?" Jinpa asked, confused at the statement.

"Well she nearly worked herself dead and looked like it too, she has about ten times the amount of color in her face than yesterday."

"Kyoshi" Jinpa sounds like a disappointed parent. Kyoshi thought to herself.

"I'm so glad I have the two of you again to nag at me about my safety." Kyoshi mumbled, but apparently it was a little too loud.

"Oh I'm sorry for giving you so much grief but just correct me if I'm wrong here so I can get this all straight. You took an invitation with the hope that you could meet us at that meditation spot. Which you almost did, but they caught on, and took you hostage. We all thought you were missing, which you totally were. They were keeping you until you created a portal which you denied to do at first. Staking your life on it. But then they got Rangi's pin you gave her, and you thought they had her so you went ahead and created it anyway, is that it?" Jinpa asked, pinching his temple.

Kyohsi shrugged, "Yeah pretty much"

Rangi couldn't help but flinch as Jinpa explained his own summary of the events. It's my fault she had to create the portal, all of this pain. It's my fault.

"And you don't think any of that was reckless" Jinpa exhaled, as he started to walk the length of the room. Kyoshi shrugged.

"Fine since you don't see the issue I guess we'll focus forward. So outside of getting you out of the hospital, how are we going to fix this?"

Rangi and Kyoshi just looked at eachother, before either one of them could answer Kenna had returned.

"Oh I wasn't aware there were going to be other visitors" She smiled as she walked into the room. "I'm sorry, this is Jinap, he works with us."

The monk bowed at his introduction. "Sorry for barging in, but as soon as I heard of Kyoshi's whereabouts, especially hearing that it was a hospital, I came as soon as it was convenient." He explained.

"No problem at all really. I just hoped that you have a better visit than Beq."

"What the hell happened to Beq?" Jinpa snapped, spinning back around to Kyohsi. She just pointed to the indent in the wall.