Chapter 7

They loaded up Pengpeng the following morning with the sun barely visible over the horizon. Kyoshi had woken up a tad bit earlier than usual to ensure that she had enough time to do her makeup just the way she wanted. It helped take her mind off the note, and people demanded she stayed away.

They flew through the peachy colored clouds. The only sound was Pengpeng's breathing. Her fur was blowing in the wind, as they continued their travels.

Rangi's face lit up a bit as the fire nation came into view. Although she was nervous to see her mother again, part of her was relieved to be back in the fire nation, somewhere she knew. Somewhere that was truly familiar.

The thought of her mother seeing her in these conditions still weighed heavily on her. What would she think when she told her, if she told her. Maybe that wasn't such a bad idea. If she just waits until she finds a way to get her bending to where it once was. Then I could probably avoid it all together. She thought to herself.

As they landed on solid ground Rangi was immediately comforted by laying foot on her home nation's ground. She was back in her element. Far away from the ice and snow, which she secretly and deeply despised.

Plus the change in climate was a bonus, the sunshine felt soothing on her skin as she dismounted the bison, followed by Kyoshi.

They were greeted as soon as their feet touched the soil. One guard had taken Pengpeng to the stables and received proper care, while a couple others had gotten their luggage before they could even think about unloading it.

"Greetings Avatar Kyoshi, Lieutenant Rangi, Brother Jinpa" The official announced bowing. "The Fire Lord only wished that he could be here today to greet you but he was pulled away unexpectedly" The an explained.

That made Kyoshi's head spin. The Fire Lord wanted to meet them at their arrival in person. She was actually relieved that he was pulled away, she felt like she needed a bit of a break to try and plan out how she was going to deal with this whole thing. She had to have some sort of plan before meeting with him again.

She couldn't let him sense any sort of weakness in her strategies. She wouldn't let any of this rattle her. At least not on the surface.

The guard turned to Rangi. "Lieutenant Rangi your mother has requested both your and Avatar Kyoshi's precence at dinner tonight"

"Of course" Rangi replied with slight bow. "Come on" She said turning to Kyoshi.

"I want to show you around town a bit"

This made Kyoshi smile. Not just because it ment spending more time with Rangi, but because of how it happy it seemed to make her.

The streets were filled with all sorts of types of markets and sales people. A couple of semester's had stopped them offering to make Kyoshi a new tunic. She turned them all down respectfully, liking the old tunic that she continued to keep mending. As they turned a bend a group of about 5 men now stood in their path. "You're Avatar Kyoshi right?" A man called.

Kyoshi turned her head looking at Rangi who gave her the is he stupid look. She was clearly not from the fire nation with her green attire. Not to mention her height was always an immediate give away. The makeup wasn't discrete either. "Can we help you with something?" Rangi asked coldly.

"We don't need you, we need her," He said, pointing to Kyoshi as if he were accusing of something treacherous. They looked at each other once more, sharing a look. "Sorry to say but she's a part of the deal" Kyoshi replied calmly.

The man in the center took a step forward. "This doesn't concern her." He tried his best to ignore Rangi.

"Again, is there something we can help you with?" Kyoshi responded, narrowing her eyes. "How about you stay the hell out of our nation for one!" A man further back in the formation called. The ringleader of the group shot him a look, which caused him to fall silent.