Chapter 11

The courtyard soon descended into chaos as people were moving in all different directions. Kyoshi looked around to see if there were any flames threatening the courtyard, along with if she could find anybody familiar in the crowd.

She drew out her fans trying her best with all the commotion to focus on creating a controlled wind tunnel to carry the smoke's fumes out of the courtyard. Out of the corner of her eye she watched as the Fire lord was escorted out of sight.

A guard appeared at their sides relaying a message or sorts to Rangi while Kyoshi kept her focus on the air's movement.

"Suspects were found on the east side of the palace, near the far wall." Rangi said as Kyoshi lowered her fans. "Tell your men to focus on evacuating people out here, the fumes are toxic, we'll handle the suspects for now." Kyoshi said calmly, starting to run in the opposite direction of the floods of people, Rangi at her heels.

"You still think this is the spirit stuff?" Some guy called out as they made their way to the other end of the court yard. Kyoshi shook her head as if it would get rid of the thought. Spirit or not she still was responsible for keeping the peace, and this was definitely not peace.
They rush to the wall, standing at it for a moment. Waiting for any movement, anything that could lead to a problem. It was too quiet. Rangi inched closer to Kyoshi as they both produced a fiery ball in their palms to help illuminate the area.

She sensed movement ever so slightly at her feet. "They're here" Kyoshi said just barely above a whisper.

"Avatar Kyoshi, still here are we?" The man at the front of the group asked from behind a mask. As he played with a container or sorts between his hands. More toxins Kyoshi thought to herself. "Real bold of you showing up here after the little scene from the other day" Rangi commented, taking a step in front of Kyoshi.

"So on strike three are we now?" He asked, ignoring Rangi's comment. There was something in his voice that wasn't only familiar to Kyoshi, but unsettling. The type that made the hairs on the back of your neck stick up.

"I'm not leaving, not while there are disturbances such as yourself still lingering around" Kyohsi said coldly. Rangi handed her a mask that she tore off a layer of her robes.

"So what is your plan here then" Kyoshi said looking down at them. As she finished speaking they rushed at them suddenly with weapons ready.

Slamming one her feet she created a platform that rose high above them. "Hiding now, are we Avatar?" He shouted.
Kyohsi found it odd that none of them used any bending abilities, maybe that's why they were so against the spirits. Since bending and spirits were linked in a way. Maybe that's what they were mad about. Or maybe they wanted a secret, something unpredictable.

"How about we just try talking for now?" His voice called.

"No weapons, no extras-"

"No toxins" Kyoshi cut in. "No toxins" the man cooed.

She watched as he lowered the container he was playing with. "So let's talk"

Kyoshi flattened their platform to its original level once more. They were the only ones around, it was so quiet you could hear the other's breath from 15 feet in front of you.

"All we need from you is to kindly leave this nation for a bit. I know you're of earth origins, why don't you spend some of your time performing your avatar duties there." He suggested.

"Why are you so keen to kick me out, when I have full rights to be here as anyone else." Kyoshi argued.

"All we are requesting is your abscess, or your surrender of course. That could also work"