Chapter 14

Rangi woke to an empt bed, the sun was shining bright through the window as she got up. Scanning the room for any signs of the avatar or where she went off to. Her boots were no longer by the door, nor her fans on the dresser.

She didn't think much of it as she got dressed, tossing her evening attire onto the desk, before leaving the room. Walking down she heard rattling from the other room. As she paused by a mirror she saw Kyoshi's make up left beside it, Rangi just rolled her eyes.

"Kyoshi you can't leave all your make up lying around or else-"

"Good morning to you too dear" Hei Ran said as she sat down at a table. "Sorry I thought you were Kyoshi, she left her makeup in the hall"

Hei ran just nodded going back to her tea. "Have you seen her today by any chance? I was hoping she would be willing to talk to the guy she caught again. See if he will tell us anymore today." Rangi said, sitting down.

"I'm afraid I haven't, she's probably about in the training grounds." She suggested. "Thanks" Rangi said as she left the room.

The sun was rising more overhead now as Rangi headed to the training grounds. When she got there they seemed to be untouched, unlike any other time Kyoshi had been training there.

"Jinpa, do you know where Kyoshi is?" Rangi asked as she jogged to catch up to the monk. "I haven't seen her since I pulled her out of the library last night, did you lose her?" Jinpa jokes.

"Well no, she just got up before me and I don't remember if she told me what she had going on today"

"Nothing that I'm aware of, no meetings of any sort were scheduled today." He replied scanning a scroll. Rangi frowned, where was Kyoshi?

"Maybe try the library, I wouldn't be surprised if she's hiding out there" Jinpa suggested pointing to the building to their left. Rangi smiled, "Thanks, she was telling me about some of the research she was doing last night, I'm sure she went off to continue. She can't put things like that down you know"

"Oh I'm well aware" Jinpa replied as Rangi headed off to the library.

Empty, again. Rangi rubbed her temple, thinking of where else she would have gone. She decided to return to the house, searching all the rooms. Even the closests, she was getting despite.

"Still no luck?" Her mother called from behind her. "No, it's just so weird, there is no sign of her anywhere, and it's not like she would go into town without somebody. She hates going into crowded places alone." Rangi said , fidgeting with her fingers.

"I'm sure she'll be back soon"

"Yeah I'm bet you're right." Rangi said, bending down to pick up the makeup Kyoshi had left beside the mirror. "I'll be right back"

As she opened the door to the room she tossed the clothes she had left on the desk earlier onto the floor and set Kyoshi's make up set down in its place.

She did find it odd though, they had a mirror right here. Why would she do it out in the hall? Maybe it had been too dark in the room, and she didn't want to wake her up.

Then something caught her eye in the reflection, a tied up piece of parchment. As she picked it up she noticed her name was written on it in Kyoshi's rushed handwriting.

Her eyes widened as she started to read.

Rangi,

I'm sorry i left without saying anything, but before you worry I assure you I am fine. I was extended an invitation by the spiritual group that had been causing destruction around town. They said that they require my assistance for some plan of theirs, with the man no longer talking I didn't see how I had any choice. It's my fault I let Yun get that far, and he must have inspired others to do the same. I don't want anyone else to suffer because of my mistakes.