Chapter 5

Neither one of them slept well that night. They just laid there in silence. Occasionally shifting to see if the other was awake. Yet neither one of them spoke a word.

Every once and a while Kyohsi thought she heard Rangi sniffle, though as much as she wanted to comfort her she didn't move.

As the sun peeked through the window Kyoshi slowly rose, pulling her simple tunic on leaving the room trying to not make a single sound. Sensing her vacancy in the bed Rangi turned around, but she was already gone.

Carefulling walking down the vast staircase Kyoshi made her way to the yard below. As she was greeted by some of the other monks she joined them in their morning training routine that she had once too performed daily.

Performing the different air bending motions and routines felt somewhat calming to Kyoshi. It reminded her of Kelsang and how he used to show her some airbending tricks when she was little. This whole place deeply reminded her of him. She hoped he would have been happy that she was able to visit and train here.

As Rangi got up she walked out to the balcony to see Kyoshi training below. She watched as Kyoshi shifted from one stance to the next. She looked so calm, even graceful. Like a leaf drifting through the wind.

As Rangi watched from above, she couldn't help but smile. She was so proud of her, how far she had come. She had known her since she was a servant at the mansion, and now she's one of the strongest people she knew.

Finally gathering the strength Rangi too walked down the staircase putting her hair up as she walked.

Seeing her in the light of day, Kyoshi felt like she hadn't seen Rangi in ages.

"Lieutenant Rangi we were just about to begin a morning meditation, would you care to join us?"

She looked at Kyoshi who gave a faint smile. "I would be honored"

As they all sat in the circle, Kyoshi just couldn't seem to focus. As the time passed reluctantly she opened her eyes, to see Rangi staring right back at her. But this wasn't her normal intimidating stare. Her eyes were soft, angel like.

Kyoshi raised her eyebrows slightly, tilting her head. Rangi nodded with a slight smile before getting up to follow Kyoshi down a hall. Trying not to make a sound, although the other monks should have been deep in their meditation it shouldn't really matter, but still.

They felt as if they were little kids running down the hallways, laughing so hard. But they weren't really sure why. Maybe it was the fact that they had both just ditched the meditation.

"Are you mad at me?" Rangi said, trying to catch her breath. They had stopped in a garden around the back of one of the towers filled with grass and wildflowers.

"I could never truly be mad at you, even if I tried" She tried to give her a reassuring smile.

"Because last night you seemed so upset, and angry" Rangi said as they locked their gazes.

"I was scared Rangi"

"You were scared?" Her eyes widened.

Kyoshi nodded. "I guess I couldn't stand the thought of being without you either"

A single tear slid down Rangi's cheek. "Kyoshi I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" Rangi said, burying her face in her hands. All her emotions from last night had once again surfaced. Unable to be pushed down again.

When she opened her eyes she saw Kyoshi sitting on the grass, extending her hand out to her.

Kyoshi pulled her in wrapping her arms around the fire bender. "I'm so sorry I never wanted to make you feel scared"

Only you- Rangi & KyoshiOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara