Chapter 30

Kyoshi rolled out of bed, not nearly as gracefully as she would have liked, almost falling over when she tries to stand. Rangi squinted at her, before mumbling for 5 more minutes. And she gets mad at me for overworking myself.

The house was so peaceful early in the morning, not that it was ever loud. Hei Ran always keeps a very orderly space.

Before she knew it she was facing the pile of unorganized letters. Kyoshi pulled a chair up to the table and began to read through them all. Making categories of urgency, from most to least.

It felt like the last time she had gotten this many letters, they told her of the towns that were being overrun but the Balanced Nation was what she guessed was the name that the spiritual group had decided on, and all the measures they were taking to get their way. Not very balanced pulling spirits over, and using them as weapons to aid your strength. She thought. 

Kyoshi put down one of the papers, informing her of a smaller town being taken over. So many people are paying for my mistake.

As she went to open another, she couldn't bring herself to tear the seal. What good was she doing reading these if she didn't have the solution. What good would it do for these people? Sure she could go around reclaiming towns but that seemed like it would be a lot of effort for little results. This Balanced Nation would likely gain more followers if they continued. It would be pointless to try and run around stopping them all, reckless even. I sound like Rangi

Leaving the piles of letters in the room she wandered outside, settling herself in the grass. Maybe someone could have the solution. Having access to the past lives had to have some use right?

Kyoshi tries to think who would be the most helpful, and who she had met. I guess I'll just be lucky if I can talk to anyone.

The longer she sat there cross legged the more frustrated she became, she wasn't doing anything. She was so much better at talking with her past lives when it was by accident.

"Oh wow, I'm going to go train more. It would be terrible if I got interrupted" Kyoshi tempted the universe. Worth a shot.

"I can't even do this right" She mumbled to herself. Taking a breath she attempted to recenter herself trying again. Just let me talk to Kuruk, Yangchen, anyone. Please

"What can I do for you today Kyoshi," She looked up to see Kuruk infront of her. She instantly felt a little bit more relieved, at least she could still do this.

"What do you know about portals?" Kyoshi blurted out. Kuruk shrugged, "That they cause a lot of problems I guess. Why do you ask?"

"Because I may or may not have restored one of father glowworm's" Kyoshi admitted, looking down.

"I already knew that" Kuruk replied. Kyoshi felt a small weight in her chest release. Not having to re-explain that part brought her a little comfort.

"Is the spiritual balance really that bad?" Kyoshi asked, secretly hoping that he would decide not to respond, but knew that the issue had caused other problems in both realms. "It's not the best"

"Great, just great" Kyoshi scoffed as she stood. "What mess haven't I caused at this point?"

"I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit," Kuruk commented as Kyoshi continued her rant.

"Am I not an absolute disaster of an avatar? I mean I can't help with politics much, I was barely holding onto my spiritual connection as is. And now I created an extra hole that some dumbass on a power trip is using to exploit bad spirits, adn use them for strength to take over innocent towns"